Forum

So, where was Grantham?

11 years 7 months ago #48350 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

Wartdawg wrote: Teams take on the personality of their coach. In this case that
would be lethargic, unprepared, and as plain as unflavored non fat yogurt.

What is interesting to me is that Saban acts very calm on the sidelines as well (I know he's ranted some but CMR has at times too)........difference is, he's arguably the smartest coach in college football and more than that, his players KNOW they had better focus, get the job done or go sit on the bench.

Point is.......I believe you can have a calm demeanor as long as you have the other attributes.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48352 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
I just want to remind everyone that this was BUFFALO. This team went 3-9 in the MAC last year. I maintain that it's going to take quite a few games before I can even THINK about anything positive. That game yesterday affected me similar to the way the Colorado game did a few years ago.

Having had 24 hours to mull this one over, I can only say that Todd Gurley and Merritt Hall did anything at all to make me happy. The rest of the entire TEAM, including ALL of the coaches, made me ill. Alex Zordich ran through us like grass through a goose. How much better is James Franklin going to be next weekend? It's going to be like giving the goose EX-LAX!

Aaron Murray better quit thinking about passing records and remember that this is about winning, and ONLY about winning. Everyone on EARTH knows we should have been behind at the half, and possibly should have LOST this one. That 22 point differential is an ILLUSION.

I'm not sure passion is what was missing in that game. While it certainly WAS missing, I would go further, and wlayton said it. There was NO game plan. The "plan" was to show up and watch Buffalo shake in their shoes. That didn't happen. They took a SIMPLE approach against us, which is what I fear for the rest of the season . . . cram it down our THROATS. And it would have WORKED if they had a football team. Missouri has one. Our D will stack the line with 8 in the box, and that's when our secondary will get BURNED in single coverage OR zone. But even THAT won't have to happen. Franklin already KNOWS our weakness NOW. We can't defend against a QB with NO legs. How much worse will HE be?!

There is NOTHING to be optimistic about right now. This team will have to show up for the next 11 games in a ROW for me to START believing again. This game HURT.

Edit: For those who think I'm being a little TOO pessimistic, remember back to the bowl game. We only had to stop them ONE TIME in 85 yards, and weren't MAN ENOUGH to do it. Yesterday, we had 94 yards behind us, and STILL couldn't stop them. Our defense is a LIABILITY that has to be OVERCOME by our OFFENSE, led by CMB!!!!!! This isn't pessimism - it's our SAD REALITY!!!!

:(

More
11 years 7 months ago #48358 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
Thriller, you are dead right, every word you said is the truth, and if our fans cannot see what we see, then they are drunk on the kool aid. Yes it was only one game, but one game where we were to man handle a team, score at will, our great D was to stop on every down. Yes this is only one game, but one game where nothing has changed, same old offense, same old Defense bend, bend, they score. We have no players with desire, they are all talk, and I wish some one would take this email to the team and show them that I say they are all a bunch of wimps, no heart, just cheap talk.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48362 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
duck, sometimes folks can step out too far. I think that you did this in your post. Shame on you for putting every player in the same category. Don't come back and apologize, you said it, you believe it or the words would not have come out of your mouth.

Respect comes from earning it. Don't like what you said below one bit.

We have no players with desire, they are all talk, and I wish some one would take this email to the team and show them that I say they are all a bunch of wimps, no heart, just cheap talk.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48369 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

Buc wrote: duck, sometimes folks can step out too far. I think that you did this in your post. Shame on you for putting every player in the same category. Don't come back and apologize, you said it, you believe it or the words would not have come out of your mouth.

Respect comes from earning it. Don't like what you said below one bit.

We have no players with desire, they are all talk, and I wish some one would take this email to the team and show them that I say they are all a bunch of wimps, no heart, just cheap talk.

Right on Buc......I for one am not going to blame a bunch of 18-21 year old young men for inept coaching...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48370 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
It's still great to be a Georgia Bulldog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everybody has a safe Labor day.:)

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds