Forum

So, where was Grantham?

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #48455 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

averagedawg wrote: I have been away for awhile, good to catch up.
My two cents,,,,,, First game are not necessarily an indicator of a team's success. We got the W.
Maybe, just maybe, the Georgia running game is back. Give the ball to Gurley and Marshall, make our opponents stop the rush. These two kids are going to be great players and leaders.
I expect Grantham to kick some butt this week. He could not be happy with his team's defensive performance.
Finally, when do our coaches eliminate the cocky arrogance that has seemed to poison the Georgia Football program?
Take no team for granted. Our recent losses against far less talented teams have yet to sink in.
I don't blame the coaching staff for every thing but I sure as hell blame them for that.

Hey averagedawg, the bench or a lot of stadium steps might cure that problem.

Welcome back.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48456 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
wlayton, You hit the proverbial nail on the head.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48517 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
The thing that stands out to me about this game is that all the cards are on the table as far as expectations go.
Missouri is looking to make a statement in their first SEC game, and the Dawgs know that the game will be a test. Still, the fact remains that Missouri still has to face Georgia. Think about that for a second. Despite the effort against Buffalo, our D is almost ridiculously loaded with talent. The offensive strike power is potent with our running game and if, IF, AM is on his game, air Georgia is going to be running sorties all night long. O line has to play better, sure, but did anybody notice how easily Christian LeMay moved the ball last week. Point is, we DO have options, and good options to boot.
I think we win in a squeaker, which means some of you will feed me fodder for the post game analysis, but a W is a W.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds