Forum

So, where was Grantham?

11 years 7 months ago #48429 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

TN Dawg wrote:

Buc wrote: fire_dawg, I had someone that I have complete and total trust in that is close to the team tell me the same thing.

Soon we will see. Do know that the offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season. That was in print and all of us read about JJ and the boys "teaching" this young offensive line a "thing or two". Soon we will know a lot more about this group of young men. Hope all is well for you on the home front. :)

offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season.

I don't know whether to feel good or bad with that comment, Buc! D wins championships, hope we can score on better Ds than Buffalo. O line is still concern going into Missou.

Lots of truth in your statements TN Dawg. From what I have read concerning both teams in the upcoming game . . . . both sides seem to have some issues in the offensive line play. Have a feeling it will come down to the players "will to play" and play for four quarters. Really hope that the refs let the teams get after it.

Have watched some film on Franklin, young man has a tendency to run to the right, which is not unusual for a right hander. Can't give Franklin 4 or 5 seconds with the ball in his hands.

First real test of the season and playing at night in a stadium full of fans that won't make us feel welcome. Again, let the teams play, keep the cloth in your pockets, allow the best team to win.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48434 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?

TN Dawg wrote:

Buc wrote: fire_dawg, I had someone that I have complete and total trust in that is close to the team tell me the same thing.

Soon we will see. Do know that the offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season. That was in print and all of us read about JJ and the boys "teaching" this young offensive line a "thing or two". Soon we will know a lot more about this group of young men. Hope all is well for you on the home front. :)

offensive line had a real hard time with our first unit defense prior to the season.

I don't know whether to feel good or bad with that comment, Buc! D wins championships, hope we can score on better Ds than Buffalo. O line is still concern going into Missou.

TN D and Buc......just talked with a trusted friend as well, he made two comments, one good, one not so good. Theus is questionable and his backup, Danzler is in a boot as well. OL not real good. On a better note, one media guy that follows UGA made a comment before the game that Buffalo's interior OL was going to be better than Mizzou's. Guess we'll see.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: TN Dawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #48435 by Buc
Guess when we look at different aspects of the Buffalo game, a message appears to come through.

Media talk and team play can have effects on a football game. As was mentioned on this board, probably could have scored 60 or ever how many points. Prideful young players for Buffalo came to play, did not have the ammo that we had, but they forced us to get a butt chewing at halftime. While it might not have been the coaches fault, it remains that the coaches are a part of the team and they are responsible for having these players ready to play.

I really don't like messing around, especially in the first half of "any" football game. If there is going to be "messing around" then do it as Saban did against us in the second half. Put the game away then you can do whatever suits your fancy. Our history shows us that early troubles lead to disappointing finishes. For what that is worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5

More
11 years 7 months ago #48438 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
Very true Buc. Just ask Michigan about App. State. I wish we would have played better, but I am happy there is no sugar-coating about the performance. I am happy CMR looked ill with what he saw. To me, that is yet another sign of the changing. He has in no shape or form acted the least bit satisfied with what he saw from what I am reading. Years past it would have been, "well it was the first game and you expect mistakes, etc. etc.". All excuses. Halftime he pretty much said that they were getting after it and we weren't. I saw better play in the second half so I am guessing he lit into some folks. Now, he is saying that their boys (mizz) got after it better than his boys did. I haven't seen antyhing that would make me think CMR is going back to his complacent ways.

Agree also that everyone in that locker room is accountable. However, I have learned that Bobo is going to get called out no matter what. Similar to what I witnessed here when ut fans kept calling for Chavis's head. It worked, they cleaned house, and I think Chavis has proved he is not such a bad dc.

Also believe you will see a different defense this week for our Dawgs.

GO DAWGS, please take time to put in extra work on special teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #48447 by Buc
AllDawgs5, for the past month or so have tried to get a handle on Mark Richt. Whether the outcome this season will be any different, don't know. I do know that Richt is doing some things differently, whether that results in wins, don't know. This could be a very good year for Mark Richt as a head coach, or it could just as easily . . . . fill in the blanks.

This UGA Football Team has as much talent as I have seen in a very long time, maybe more talent than I have ever seen. Big statement, it is however only a guess, season starts Saturday night in Columbia.

Buffalo game is a thing of the past, Missouri Tigers are looking us dead in the eye. Can't remember when I have been this excited about an unranked opponent that is lying in wait for the Red and Black. These are the games that move a program forward.

Latest AP results . . . UGA dropped 2 notches in the ratings. Like it or not, that is what "messing around" can do to a team. I will be greatly surprised if the Red and Black do not come out flying Saturday. Could lead to a lot of flags early, hope not, again, let them play.

Another thought . . . . UCF in Memphis. That still remains in my thoughts at a time like this. Teams like UCF, Buffalo and others don't care what the media has to offer. These young fellows just play football to their capabilities. It will always be a team game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5, WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 7 months ago #48454 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: So, where was Grantham?
I have been away for awhile, good to catch up.
My two cents,,,,,, First game are not necessarily an indicator of a team's success. We got the W.
Maybe, just maybe, the Georgia running game is back. Give the ball to Gurley and Marshall, make our opponents stop the rush. These two kids are going to be great players and leaders.
I expect Grantham to kick some butt this week. He could not be happy with his team's defensive performance.
Finally, when do our coaches eliminate the cocky arrogance that has seemed to poison the Georgia Football program?
Take no team for granted. Our recent losses against far less talented teams have yet to sink in.
I don't blame the coaching staff for every thing but I sure as hell blame them for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, AllDawgs5, WoodstockDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds