Forum

Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

11 years 9 months ago #47398 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
thriller......and when Franklin gets smacked in the mouth, those 75,000 fans will be VERY quiet.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47399 by growl
The loudest noise they are going to hear is the sound of 22 or so hungry Bulldogs snapping at the a-- end of their pants, just ask the Auburn players several years ago, right UGA.GO DAWGS GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 9 months ago #47400 by Buc
Missouri's defense may have a tough time slowing down the offense of the Bulldogs but, if history serves me right, it is only Georgia's second game and their defense will not be as set either.

Reading the clip above from the Tiger supporter brought a smile to my face. Not sure if he has done his homework on this 2012 UGA football team. I think he means without saying, UGA has some suspensions facing the defense and that is his reasoning for the comment. Did start slow last season, will not happen in 2012.

Probably what the gentleman does not understand is that this UGA defense is handled much differently by Coach Grantham than the way his predecessor chose to run that side of the team. While UGA has many returning players, different players were used throughout last season, building depth and especially in the area of linebacker. Crucial to the 3/4.

Would add this . . . During the Spring this UGA defense was shutting the UGA offense mentioned above down. What is not understood by many is that not only is the front huge, there is incredible strength to go along with speed and very capable folks chomping at the bits to get on the field.

ogredawg has it right, Coach Grantham has "his" players and quite frankly, built this defense in a very short span. Many rate this defense in the top five in the country, something to be said for Grantham and company's three years behind the wheel with a top five rated defense. Train coming down the tracks . . . .

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47401 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
Last year I got up for the Boise State rabble-rousers because I knew they had a POTENTIALLY top tier team on both sides of the ball. I think it was something like 14 5th year seniors. Our O-line really blew that game up for us - Murray was sacked 6 times. Missouri's D will not sack AM. They can't. They can't sack potatoes, much less AM. I do not worry about the D.

And against Missouri's Swiss cheese D, I'm not worried about our O either. We do have a top 5 defense, they very CLEARLY do not.

Having said that - those suspensions still hurt a LOT.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47403 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
I have said before that you may be hearing the same old preseason songs from Athens but the folks in the choir have changed. There will be a different seasons start this year.

Vegas is not picking us to start 0-2 again.

All good points about we play in the SEC and going into Columbia and 71K is not going to ruffle our feathers.

Mizzou is not MSU this is not the Outback Bowl and CTG has had the spring and will again have fall camp to hammer the troops about the let down in the second half of the SEC game and the last drive of our bowl game.

No storm trooper uniforms just damn fine GATA defense will be more than enough to win.

I am picking up a vibe that CWF and our "O" will show up and we will do well with our ground game.

Dawgs make statement, Mizzou welcome to SEC football ain't no slack in this league.

"Go Dawgs"!

Go Dawgs!

More
11 years 9 months ago #47404 by Buc
thriller, on board with the suspensions hurting a lot.

Allow me this. After VD's early years as our head coach, I became a bit disenchanted with the way he became known and rightly so as the "three yards and a cloud of dust coach". I find myself thinking along those same lines with certain aspects of our present offensive coaching tactics. Not the yards and dust, just what appears to be a lack of imagination with the current system offensively.

Having been a huge supporter of AM casting his lot with UGA, have also given that much thought. Some point in the direction of interceptions and fumbles at crucial times. Some of that cannot be denied, as you mentioned, he was getting killed behind a front that was "big" but lacked what I think Kublanow and Theus are bringing to Athens. AM is and will remain a gunslinger . . .DNA. I admire the fact that he has enough confidence in himself to "try" and put the football in a tight space. There will be disappointments, but there will also be many "high fives" with some of those throws. Personally, I don't want the coaches to bridle AM. As I have said often, "AM has wheels" and I encourage him to use them if need be.

Missouri Tiger supporter said that Franklin would kill us with his feet. I have watched some film on Franklin, no doubt he will pull it down and take off. That is playing right into Coach Grantham's plan, the stadium in Columbia West will not be loud, it will be muted entirely when Franklin begins to scramble. Franklin scrambling means our DB's are using their skills effectively. Still not sure Franklin has recovered from his injury. I hope so, don't want any excuses after we leave Missouri with a road victory. Mark Richt has been pretty good at winning on the road, with the exception of . . . gulp, JAX. Boise State came to what was basically "our house" and we got a good look at what experience is all about. We have that this season.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds