Forum

Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

11 years 9 months ago #47405 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
This game will garner a lot of attention between now and then. Have thought from the beginning when schedule was announced this would be interesting game. We historically don't start strong. Missou will be fired up for this one. However, emotion only takes a team so far. Eventually the teams have to clash, and that is when UGA will take control.

I will mention two games. Boise State in 2005 and Hawaii in 2007. Boise State was packing a high powered offense that was suppose to finesse the larger and stronger UGA defense. UGA dominated the BSU 48-13 in Athens. Hawaii had Heismen hopeful Colt Brennan and we predicted to dismantle the UGA defense. UGA routed UOH 41-10.

I mention these two games because they are two teams we had no history with before and some expected to defeat UGA. I have to wonder if their defense, which is assumed to be on par with ours, can hold our offense. They have strength at QB, RB and receiver. O line is questionable though. It stacks up to be a very interesting game and will set the tone for the remainder of our season.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47407 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
TN Dawg........their D is assumed to be on par with ours????? Assumed by whom??? In THAT prior conference they played in.......REALLY???

Wow.....now that is an expensive brand of COOL-AID. :huh:

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #47408 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

wlayton wrote: TN Dawg........their D is assumed to be on par with ours????? Assumed by whom??? In THAT prior conference they played in.......REALLY???

Sorry, should have posted link. Think they may be speaking more specifically of DL.
Here it is: www.athlonsports.com/college-football/se...rly-predictions-2012

More
11 years 9 months ago #47409 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA
what others are saying about Mizzou and some stats to go with it.....

The Tigers are small on the defensive line, a problem that can be overcome much easier in the Big 12 than in the SEC. The average weight of the projected starters heading into fall camp is 262 pounds. Missouri's defense was statistically respectable among its Big 12 peers, but its numbers were lousy compared to the rest of the nation. The offensive line lost three seniors from last year's group. There's an underlying fear that Missouri simply won't be anything better than middle-of-the-pack in the SEC. That gives the Tigers something to prove in 2012. Until they do, reasonable doubt will hover about how competitive they can be.

Statistically speaking
- Rushing offense: 244.00 ypg (9th nationally, 1st Big 12)
- Passing offense: 231.54 ypg (64th, 6th)
- Total offense: 475.54 ypg (12th, 5th)
- Scoring offense: 32.85 ppg (30th, 6th)
- Rushing defense: 127.38 ypg (29th, 3rd)
- Passing defense: 252.62 ypg (94th, 5th)
- Total defense: 380.00 ypg (61st, 4th)
- Scoring defense: 23.54 ppg (44th, 3rd)
- Turnover margin: .23 (40th, 4th)

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 9 months ago #47410 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

TN Dawg wrote:

wlayton wrote: TN Dawg........their D is assumed to be on par with ours????? Assumed by whom??? In THAT prior conference they played in.......REALLY???

Sorry, should have posted link. Think they may be speaking more specifically of DL.

Thanks TN Dawg......guess we'll see but I have a hard time believing their DL is on equal footing with ours. Their D was ranked 61st in the country last year........hmmmm, doesn't look like their front put much pressure on anybody to me.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #47411 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Missouri Chirping . . . Be Prepared UGA

wlayton wrote:

TN Dawg wrote:

Thanks TN Dawg......guess we'll see but I have a hard time believing their DL is on equal footing with ours. Their D was ranked 61st in the country last year........hmmmm, doesn't look like their front put much pressure on anybody to me.

and thier O line losing 3 seniors........Dawg D will feast.......

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds