Forum

Dawg Fan ELATION

16 years 10 months ago #4633 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Well, hey, you know how it goes....If he had worn the red and black, I would love him, but he went with the creamsicle colors uf UT, so I don't care how much the NFL loves him, lol....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4638 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
I know I'm not likely to make any Manning fans around here... but when my son was 6 or 7 he had Manning's rookie card, and a bunch of other football cards. He got a magazine with the team addresses, and sent a bunch of football cards to the team addresses asking for autographs. Most simply returned the card unsigned, a few sent it back with a message saying, \"Sorry, but we cannot do autographs... etc.\" Manning was the only one who autographed it and sent it back. Not only that, but the envelope it was sent in was hand addressed by Manning himself, and he sent a little note to my son (Michael) addressed to \"Mikie.\" I've been a Manning fan since.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 10 months ago #4641 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Now THAT'S very cool. I've always thought that he was probably a great guy. His personality in all his commercials seems real and he's actually very funny in them, especially the ESPN commercial with Eli. Him personally signing and sending back the card doesn't surprise me, other athletes should follow suit.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4642 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
manning seemed lika an all round good guy. when he got hosed out of the heisman college football died a little that day.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4643 by OvalG
Replied by OvalG on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
My only experience with Manning wasn't so special.
Rewind back to draft year(97?) It's Easter, well the Saturday night before. It's Easter Eve, and the family is celebrating my Brother-in-law Birthday in Memphis. He is an OBNOXIOUS Tennessee fan and PMan comes in the restaurant and my B-I-L goes over, BEFORE any food or drink is even served, and very politely asks for the PMan's autograph. PMan is a MAJOR Jerk. He gives the Autograph but doesn't even look at my BIL.
You only get 1 chance to make a 1st impression!!
PMan failed miserably. He may be a great guy, but I will never know.
MARK G

G-E-O-R-G-I-A

More
16 years 10 months ago #4644 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Maybe your bro-in-law is a big mons pubis or he interrupted something important? to me restaurants should be off limits for autograph seekers.

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds