Forum

Dawg Fan ELATION

16 years 10 months ago #4607 by wlayton
Dawg Fan ELATION was created by wlayton
Just saw the replay of the 2004 UGA/uf game on CSS where we won 31-24. Totally made my day. It was interesting that a \"delay of game\" penalty by us \"may\" have won the game. We were ahead 24-21 and 3rd down, five to go on uf's 10 yard line. When Greene got the snap he turned and handed it off on a running play that would not have gotten the 1st down. The play was obviously stopped immediately by the whistle being blown for the delay of game 5 yard penalty. So now it's 3rd and 10 from uf's 15 and that's when Greene hit Gibson over the middle at the goal line for the TD (man thought he was dropping it, almost did). Now that put is back up by 10 which was HUGE at that point in the game. uf had dominated the 3rd quarter.

Another observation was that Andy Bailey MADE the only field goal he tried, amazing.

Also, Danny Ware ran for over 100 yards on 18 carries for his 4th 100 yard game of the year.

Also the game Greene tied Manning with 39 wins.

Soooooo SWEET to see that game again (although it never should have been close).

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4611 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
I occassionally watch the tape of the 97 game. It cracks me up. I have filed it away because I know we are bout to get things back to normal and win 6 out of 7 the way we are supposed to.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4612 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Hey kentdaddy, really great to see you've got both hands working again.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4614 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Both hands are working until friday when they strap my left hand to my side for a few weeks. I will soldier on.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4627 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Amazing that Green...as well as Bobo.... never got any respect from the NFL. Green had more wins than Manning, and the same number of Conference titles....1....., and Bobo was the most accurate passer in the country the SAME year that Manning was a senior at UT, but he didn't get any attention from the NFL, either.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4630 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Dawg Fan ELATION
Greene doesn't have the arm strength of Manning and Bobo doesn't have the size of Manning (or the arm strength). Remember the commercial, \"6' 5\" and 230 lbs, with a rocket for an arm\".

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds