Forum

Big Weekend Ahead!!!

17 years 3 months ago #3364 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Weird,....
Yeah we really do. Who's the P on our roster now that Ely-Kelso has graduated?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #3365 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Weird,....
NC_Dawg, if you hear news please let us all know and I'll do the same. Yes, we need a punter bad. As a matter of fact I thought Kelso was terrible last year, especially since he was suppose to be an all SEC punter. I was holding my breath everytime he was punting, he was very slow getting them off and when he did get them off quicker, they were terrible kicks. Hopefully Butler will be great.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3371 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic The Butler skinny,...thus far!!!!
Unfortunately there isn't alot of information available in this kid. While I don't put a great deal of stock into star ranking, his do seem a bit low....Only 2 stars. His EP % is good @ 26/28 but his distance is somewhat questionable, his longest being 39 @ 4/5 from the field. Those low numbers from the field indicate, IMHO, that he's not considered a alternate weapon. His punting sounds reasonable, averaging 40 ypp with a longest punt of 63 yards. Drew runs the 40 in 5.2....man thats slow! He has good numbers in the weight room, which I am certain he will be urged to improve upon, and grades are not even a remote concern. He had offers from Duke, Memphis and Wake, but his heart understandly beat in Athens.

I've got faith that CMR and staff know more about Drew's potential than his bio and background reveals. Likewise, I was friends with Kevin while he was a student at UGA. Kevin is without a doubt a class act, stand-up dawg and if Drew has half the character that Kevin has, he will make an excellent dawg!

Welcome aboard Drew, work hard and bide your time...We may get more memorable Butler moments like 84' against Clemson!!!

wlayton, I tend to agree with you regarding Ely-Kelso, his performance this past season was substandard. However, I believe the primary reason for his less than stellar season dealt more with the long snapper than his leg. Apparently CMR couldn't find anyone that could accurately snap the ball the necessary distance. Since Ely-Kelso was required to move up to shorten the distance, his timing and delivery were affected. Likewise, the shortened distance was the root cause for the increased number of blocked punts! Let's hope for who evers sake that this issue is resolved. There was nothing more painful last season than witnessing those urnge clad hillbilly's blocking a short punt for a TD!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #3372 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The Butler skinny,...thus far!!!!
Interesting info on Ely-Kelso, thanks. THAT was a dangerous situation, no wonder I was holding my breath on every punt, didn't even notice that the distance was shorter. The best solution is to move the ball every series and let the punter sit on the bench.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3377 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic wlayton!!!!
I'm hearing some displeasing info regarding Bailey, in that he may have removed UGA from his list of top schools. I've yet to receive valid confirmation and apologize if this turns out to be incorrect, but man, this would be an extremely strange twist !!!

Thanx..........

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds