Forum

A Teensy Soapbox

17 years 4 months ago #2635 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
If I were a pitcher I would hit Bonds every time up regardless of situation. If I were a manager I would either hit him or walk him no matter what.

I cannot believe people of integrity would allow him to play. I guess we are left hoping for an injury.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2636 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
Too bad...you missed our World Series win.

Baseball is suffering through worse stuff now than it did during the strike. Steroids, HGH, plus all the filthy money, the attitudes...it's not just Bonds telling kids to go f&%$ themselves or charging for autographs, it's Ugueth Urbina being arrested for torture and murder, and Kris Benson's wife saying she's going to sleep with the entire Mets clubhouse, and Pete Rose insisting on murdering himself even more in the public eye, and Dwight Gooden's sad sad saga.

I still love baseball, and I love the Braves, and I have ever since I pretended to be Dale Murphy to my little brother's Bob Horner in the backyard. As the old musical goes, "I love baseball. That's what I'm doing here."

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2638 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
I agree partially with dapolla. i think Anna Benson was just trying to help morale!

I was Claudell Washington back in the day. Andruw is my favorite player ever though.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2639 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
Ex-Giant Uribe was killed in a car crash today, according to espn.com.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2643 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
i too cant beleive that they are letting him play. tom glavine is nothing but a money hogging jerk. he left atlanta for 35$ mil. from the mets, when we offered him 32$ mil. now, he goes and takes another contract with the mets. shows how much of a family man he is.

• dawgs511
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2644 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox

i too cant beleive that they are letting him play. tom glavine is nothing but a money hogging jerk. he left atlanta for 35$ mil. from the mets, when we offered him 32$ mil. now, he goes and takes another contract with the mets. shows how much of a family man he is.

To be fair, one factor that influenced his decision was the fact that the Braves never made an offer. One can't accept what's not on the table.

COME ON BACK, TED! WE NEED THE PAYROLL!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds