Forum

A Teensy Soapbox

17 years 4 months ago #2615 by dapolla
A Teensy Soapbox was created by dapolla
I know this is a football forum, but WHAT IN THE HELL were the Giants thinking re-signing Barry Bonds for 16 mil for one season? No one else wanted the bastard! They could have offered him league minimum and he would have to have played or retired!

Do you know what Bonds wanted? He wanted $40 mil for the year and complete control over the clubhouse. If I were their GM I would have countered with $337,000 and you pinch-hit if and when we tell you to.

Sorry. Rant. Go Dawgs.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2616 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
I agree with you dapolla, I'm sick and tired of ALL the professional premadonnas. Let them come out in the world and make a living.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2617 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
I agree. I also add that if Barry Bonds were standing in the middle of the road and I were driving a large truck type vehicle I would hesitate a loooooooooooooooong time before swerving or hitting my brakes.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2618 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
The fact that Bonds had to come to the winter meetings to beg someone for a job (he hasn't attended those meetings in 10 years) speaks volumes about what other teams and GMs think about his attitude and character. It is a disgrace to see the Giants break down and sign him. He is a cancer in the clubhouse, and to think that this person is going to hold one of the most hallowed records in baseball makes me want to puke. Hank Aaron should denounce him the minute he breaks this record as a fraud who had to use drugs in order to accomplish anything. There should be an astrex by Bond's name, and he should NEVER make the hall of fame. Justice would have been served if every team's GM would have sed that they were refusing to sign him due to his past history of steroid use...then Aaron's hard-earned and LEGITIMATE home run record would still be standing.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2619 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
Yeah, then when you finally did hit your brakes you would hope they failed.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2622 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: A Teensy Soapbox
I was being nice earlier so as not to sound like an evil person but the truth is would step on the gas. As a Braves fan I hate the idea of having that piece of excrement beat Aarons record. I am no huge fan of Aaron by the way but Bonds is a genital wart.

• kentdaddy
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds