Forum

UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING

18 years 6 months ago #260 by RANDY2424
UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING was created by RANDY2424
COACH RICHT HAS BEEN GREAT FOR GEORGIA...... DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME......BUT THE PLAY CALLING WAS UNBELIEVABLE GUYS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"UNBELIEVABLE", "HORRIBLE", "STUPID", "DUMB".

DID IT LOOK LIKE TO MOST GEORGIA PEOPLE WE PLAYED WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EMOTION IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S PUT THIS GAME BEHIND US NOW AND GET READY FOR THE BEST TEAM WE WILL PLAY THIS SEASON........AUBURN......GUY'S.......THIS GAME WILL NOT BE EASY.......NOT EASY AT ALL.

AND BY THE WAY........WHO IS OUR QB NEXT SEASON??????????????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RANDY2424
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #261 by dawgman
Replied by dawgman on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
Next season? Good Question.

I can't imagine what the play calling during the Floridia game was all about. Maybe the dust will settle in a few days and we will know then.

7-1 from a team that was a "hopeful" at season's start is Ok with me.

Now comes Auburn.

Admin Assistant

More
18 years 6 months ago #265 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING

COACH RICHT HAS BEEN GREAT FOR GEORGIA...... DON'T MISUNDERSTAND ME......BUT THE PLAY CALLING WAS UNBELIEVABLE GUYS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"UNBELIEVABLE", "HORRIBLE", "STUPID", "DUMB".

DID IT LOOK LIKE TO MOST GEORGIA PEOPLE WE PLAYED WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EMOTION IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S PUT THIS GAME BEHIND US NOW AND GET READY FOR THE BEST TEAM WE WILL PLAY THIS SEASON........AUBURN......GUY'S.......THIS GAME WILL NOT BE EASY.......NOT EASY AT ALL.

AND BY THE WAY........WHO IS OUR QB NEXT SEASON??????????????

I don't think the play calling was all that bad. We had a few dropped passes and, to give em a little credit, FL played good defense at some critical times. If you look at real close, our defense pretty much shut em down from the 2nd qtr on. We began to move the ball, but just couldn't finish the drives off with a TD. Then Coutu missed those two FGS, which was not like him. Think the wind may have had a hand in that. But, if he HAD made then both we would be looking at a 16-14 W. But, all is not lost, take care of the aubbies and the babycats and we are headed to Atlanta! I think we are still having a great season, seeing that at the beginning of the season, everybody had us finishing 3rd in the aest behind Fat Phil's Boys and the Crier Meyer's Lizards!

• jwthompson1962
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #268 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
From my vantage point I was surprised at the play selection also. But, thats why they pay CMR the big bucks and he has a staff upstairs telling him whats going on. Us fans get to Monday morning QB.

I was right in the corner, 3 rows up, where Joe T caught the TD, had a Gator in his face and made a heck of a catch! ( Joe T is a competitor with tons of heart!)As other posters have commented I wonder why when we were running the ball between the tackles with Danny and Kregg we changed the strategy to Thomas to the outside. God knows Thomas has earned the time and is a heck of a back but we were blowing them out and running over them with the big backs. I still support CMR and his choices good, bad, or otherwise. He has to take the talent and utilize the strengths each player brings to the field. Still, too many dropped balls, if you can touch it you can catch it.

I thought there was a late hit on Momass in the end zone but the convicts chose not to throw the hankie. He as out of bounds and the play was basically dead. Joe T zeroed in on him from the outset, I was looking into Joe's eyes from my seat the entire play as the go to guy and the UF defender was step for step with him. Would have been a miracle if he could have caught it. I believe with another year Momass is really going to be special.

Congrats to our "D", once the lizards offense was figured out they did a heck of a job, ZERO points for 3 quarters. Really missed Golsten on the "D" line though. Backers did good as did the secondary. Our DEs couldn't seem to get to Leak, too bad I would have liked to dirty up his jersey more. Too bad the interference call in the end zone, really helped UF.

UF has a really good tight end, kid made a great catch in the end zone. He has to be as tall as Pope. UF came out ready and rested and it showed in the 1st quarter. We didn't look emotionally ready by the way we played. Missed field goals instead of TDs. I think Meyer has accepted that the SEC is a little different in "speed" department than the conference he came from. If UF doesn't dump him for some ridiculous UF problem he'll probably be ok for a few more years, but then the Zooker started out ok too. I don't agree with his demeanor, tactics, approach, or attempt to become the new "mouth from the south" but then he's not going to change either. There's always one in every group.

We need to rest up for 2 weeks and take on that multi personality from Alabama. Eagles, Tigers, Plainsmen...I never get it right. Tubberville will have them ready so the DAWGS better be ready to bite! Go DAWGS!

More
18 years 6 months ago #275 by TNdawgfan
Replied by TNdawgfan on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
The running game was not the problem-it was the passing (or should I say lack of passing) game. Joe T is not a bad QB-but the playcalling treated him like he was. QB draws on 3rd and long when we are trying to conserve clock and move the ball down the field to win????????? There is absolutely no excuse for that. I love CMR, but the playcalling has got to change. Have you seen our redzone #'s????? Pathetic. We have way too much talent to not be putting up better numbers.
I hope Coutu does not get down on himself-he is a great kicker. And as a former player, it pains me to praise a kicker. :wink:
The fact is, we didn't play to win-we played not to lose. Big mistake. I seem to recall CMR saying that he felt he made a mistake in the Arkansas game by limiting the playbook with JTIII in the game. He said he wouldn't do that again. Well, he did. And now we have an L that we shouldn't have.
All is not lost, however. DJ is back for AU, and a win puts us in the dance. Hope to see Bama there.
GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TNdawgfan
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #277 by beagledawg007
Replied by beagledawg007 on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
Play calling was ok?????? 4th and forever and you run a PLAY ACTION PASS??? Yea....like UF thought for a second we were going to run.

Richt does not have the killer instinct. His play calling is as conservative as Bush the first! Trust me when I say that had a Spurrier or Carrol been coaching the talent on this team the past couple of years...we'd have at least one more SEC title and be winning games by double digits.

I agree....7-1 after 8 games is pretty impressive considering what we were looking at the beginning of the season. BUT....we should seriously be 8-0.

• beagledawg007
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds