Forum

UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING

18 years 6 months ago #278 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
We can debate the play calling or the game and probably will for some time to come. With the history of this rivalry, and it really is a good one, we still lead the series. And with the demise of UT we're getting close to evening up the UGA/UT series. Sanders is going to be the fall guy for that program this year. Seems the UT players can't hold on to the ball but as always the coach gets to hold the bag. Should be interesting with Full Fatmer calling the offense.

UF is over with. Even though its a pain to listen to the prehistoric lizards with tiny brains for a year. The program everyone in the SEC loves to hate, even though they haven't really been a factor since the coach that said the Irish were not a worthy opponent for his lizards in the Sugar Bowl left UF for a short failure with the Redskins. Oh, I forgot,the Irish beat the you know what out of UF in that Sugar Bowl. I love it when an individual puts both feet in their mouth and tries to speak at the same time. Or the year a UF assistant coach said the UGA DBs couldn't cover their noses if they sneezed, #58 came off the field for UGA and spoke those glorious words, "they ain't #1 anymore!"

Remember faithful, we got here with CMR and his play calling. His record to date is impressive. Based upon the prognosis at the beginning of the year our won/loss record is outstanding. (remember everyone wrote us off because we lost so many big playmakers) We have the chance to exit the SEC with only one loss and that is an accomplishment unto itself. Its up to us. This is a very tough conference that will have a hard time producing a National Champion in the future. We beat each other up. Some say the SEC is no longer the strong conference it once was. I disagree and invite the detractors down for a season with us. I didn't do my home work but does anyone know what the SEC bowl records are for the last 5-10 years? I think we as a conference have been pretty good.

Lets get ready for the last SEC Urenge school we face this year. GO DAWGS beat the TEPs (Tigers, Eagles, Plainsmen)!!!!!! :D :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #280 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
The play calling was fine, for the most part. But who the hell runs a QB sweep with a minute left in the game on 3rd down and 16 to go? OK i understand your trying to gain yards for 4th down, but there are ways of doing it that give us a better chance. But besides that blunder the coaching was solid and UF just outplayed us. Also, Brandon missing a chip shot and a long ball didn't help. C'mon Brandon i've seen u kick and know ur a hell of alot better than that. Just shake it off and kick Tiger ass. GO DAWGS!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #282 by paramedic06997
Replied by paramedic06997 on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
:?: I am a dawg fan and I believe in the program that CMR has built. Since, CMR came what we believed the program could become has happened. We are getting the top recruits from around the state and other places and we are winning games. But one thing we are not getting is points. 3 and 7 pt wins wow, how much we have to be thankful for. (really) Relying on Defense and kickers year after year. Offense wins games, Defense wins Campionships, but even Tampa Bay had to put together a solid offense for a super bowl. We lost to Tenn last year, because we couldn't play a hot Junior Shockley over a cold Senior Green. ?????? Now, we are having to rely on a third generation walk on QB, because his dad and grandpa were dawgs. When we have two Fresh QB who are suppose to be the bomb sitting on the bench. You know Tenn has gone down fooling with the same family of QB's. I told people since last year, that Georgia better have a good backup to Shockley. Here's a guy that was injured 2 out of 3 years as a backup. Now, in 05 TIII and 10 plays is our reserve. Shockley looks like he only knows 21 different plays out of all the years at georgia. Now, all these recruits are seeing what is going on. And with the playing calling, game management, (who calls a timeout to run a trick play that everyone has seen 6 times before). When, I can call the play from home before it is run ever SEC team can too. We have been saved by our great athletes. But when they stop coming we'll be Vanderbilt or Ole Miss.

• paramedic06997
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #284 by biggygreg
Replied by biggygreg on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
Oledawg, your funny. You also lost. Go Gators.

• biggygreg
  • Visitor
18 years 6 months ago #285 by Ashdawg
Replied by Ashdawg on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
Look guy's, we could have lined up toe to toe with the gaytors and beat them! Joe T. is not an invilad! He has the arm to throw the ball, and the brains not to run the QB draw with 3rd and 8! We had better skill people than them! Even though C. Strong always comes up with a great gameplan versus us, We were the better team. We spotted them 2 Tds in the first qtr, and that was it! We had all kinds of chances to win this one and (with play calling my 10 year old daughter asked me when I got home, DADDY WHY!) All I could say was, I still love CMR, but at least let NC dawg or old dawg try calling plays vs. AWBURN! Still think we are the best in the SEC. ASHDAWG!

• Ashdawg
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #300 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: UNBELIEVABLE PLAY CALLING
I'm not saying all the play calls were good, but they weren't all bad either. Sure, I also question the Joe T run on that 3rd and long. It blew my mind, I was like "What the H@%! was that!" I think we were too conservative, should've been more aggressive. And yes, I wonder why we didn't throw more, especially to Pope. We had a number of drop balls by the recievers, Coutu uncharacteristically missed two FGs. there were a lot of reasons why we lost. And, bad as I hate to, you have to give the Gator defense credit, they made some plays when the really needed to make them. But, all in all, I still think we are a better team than the Gators overall and have better HC. Richt is one of the best in the country, he has the record to prove it.

• jwthompson1962
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds