Forum

Coaching Rumors......

17 years 5 months ago #2579 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Coaching Rumors......
The sporting world thinks that Rodriguez will be the next Alabama coach, and that Miami is gonna have to promote an assistant because no name coach wants THAT headache of a job.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2587 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Coaching Rumors......
Did you see where Bernie Kosar is interested in the Miami job?

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2596 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Coaching Rumors......
Ha ha ha wlayton yeah the Kosar thing is a riot and a half. That's like at 'Bama how for a while they'd only hire coaches who'd in some way been associated with Bear Bryant...just because Kosar brought you glory back in the day doesn't mean he's going to be a good coach. He's got no experience. It'll be like Jordan coaching the Wizards or Gretzky coaching the Coyotes.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #2597 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Coaching Rumors......
Kosar is somehow still affiliated with Miami...might be working in the athletic dept. or something....as far as being a coach, though...it is a laugh. However, I think they are gonna hire their defensive coordinator as the HC. It has also been mentioned that they had their eye on Mike or Bob Stoops.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2602 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Coaching Rumors......

Kosar is somehow still affiliated with Miami...might be working in the athletic dept. or something....as far as being a coach, though...it is a laugh. However, I think they are gonna hire their defensive coordinator as the HC. It has also been mentioned that they had their eye on Mike or Bob Stoops.

Bob Stoops is the highest paid coach in the NCAA.
UF made him that way when we tried to bring him back to Florida in 2002.
Oklahoma countered with a huge payday.
I have a feeling that Miami will have to settle for a Zook-like 5th or 6th choice.
If they were smart, they'd hire Larry Coaker.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2631 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Coaching Rumors......
Randy Shannon was just hired as the new head coach at Thug U. I think it's a good hire, but a disappointment to me as I don't want that program to have a good coach; I'd rather they hire someone flashy like Bernie Kosar who could ensure 6-6 seasons for the forseeable future.

As it relates to a thread we had a couple of months ago in regards to Charlie Strong, this makes Shannon the sixth African American coach in D1-A, out of 119 schools. Sly Croom, Karl Dorrell(UCLA), Turner Gill(Buffalo), Ron Prince(Kansas), Ty Willingham(Wash) and now Randy.

IT'S STILL NOT ENOUGH, but it's a very good hire by Miami.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds