Forum

Peaches or Chicken?

17 years 5 months ago #2493 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Peaches or Chicken?
wlayton,

I'm 27. Yeah, I started going to games at the beginning of the Ray Goff years. Watched a lot of losses...but I did see us beat a certain Green Bay quarterback while he was at Southern Miss. Didn't mean much to me then but I can wear it as a badge of honor now: "Who's a better quarterback? Brett Favre or Preston Jones?"

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2496 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Peaches or Chicken?
If we want to be in the NC game, we gotta do as Ric Flair sez....To be the man, ya gotta beat the man.....WHOOO !! LOL....In all seriousness, beating the man (UF) is something we havent done regularly since the 80s. We have learned under CMR to beat Tennesee, and we usually split with AU, and we haven't lost to Tech, but we havent learned to beat UF. Until we learn to carry ourselves with the same swagger and confident air that we do whenever we play Tech, we arent gonna be successful against UF. Remember the teams of the 80s? They thought they were supposed to win against UF, no matter how the odds were stacked against them. We havent felt that way about a UF game in 20 years. If we win now, people say we were lucky, as opposed to when we won then.....Back then, we were supposed to win over UF. It was just expected......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2497 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Peaches or Chicken?
dapolla, all us old guys need young blood on our side nowadays. It's great to see the younger generation Dawgs on the forum to bring some energy to us old poops.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2514 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Peaches or Chicken?
I work in Tallahassee. down here, it's about 75% for FSU, 20 % UF, and 5% for UGA. I have been working down here for 15 years, so you can imagine all the times I have had to eat crow during that time, since we are 2-13 against UF over my career working down here. On the other hand, however, we are 1-0 against FSU, so the one time we have played them since I have been here, there were a LOT of FSU fans eating crow, lol......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2528 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Peaches or Chicken?
FSU is a basketball school isn't it?

Go Dawgs!

More
17 years 5 months ago #2531 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Peaches or Chicken?
And wouldn't you know it, they beat UF and it almost totally went unnoticed because of all the BCS NC attention, man FSU can't win for losing this year.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds