Forum

Dose anyone really think USC should be ranked 2nd

17 years 5 months ago #2419 by UnderDog37
Once again, Michigan was losing by 11 points with only a few minutes left before they got a consolation TD that OSU probably was instructed to let them get so that they could get the ball back and run out the clock. If OSU doesnt let them score, they lose by 11, and there is no controversy about who should be #2. I think OSU could have beaten them by 14 had they wished to do so. That 3 point loss is deceiving.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2423 by kentdaddy
My point exactly! Imagine if the SEC was Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Ole Miss. and seven Vandys. That is what the Big Ten is. Two good teams, one team that is good every 5 to 10 years, one team that was really good way back when and a bunch of horrible teams. It is only an impressive conference if you do not know anything about football.

The SEC has 6 teams that start the season every year aiming to win the national title. In the Big Ten the little brown jug is a season goal. In the SEC it is championship or bust for half the league.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2424 by UnderDog37
I guess I am just old school....I always believed that if a team couldn't win their respective conference, then they shouldn't be playing for a national title. Just my old school opinion. Hence, Michigan has no argument...they had their chance and couldn't deliver.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2425 by kentdaddy
I agree. That is the easy way to do an 8 team playoff. 6 conference champions and two at large bids for the other minor conferences or the Catholic school in Indiana. If you do not win you conference you do not get in the playoff. It is simple. If we did that we put value back into conference championships because it is then a stepping stone.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2428 by UnderDog37
Yeah, well, they would demand that the South Bend Catholic School be allowed to be in the playoff even if they had a losing record.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2430 by kentdaddy
I agree. To hear ND fans tell it they are the best team in the country every year even when the get stomped. They are evidently blinded by faith and do not let facts get in the way of their opinion.

ND is holding to their past. As time goes by and talent spreads out they will become less and less relevant.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds