Forum

Dose anyone really think USC should be ranked 2nd

17 years 5 months ago #2377 by dawg1454
This is really bs because usc is not the second ranked team by no means the only ranked teams they beat were were sorry ones i mean who really thinks nd is that though we could beat them and not only that they lost to an unranked team they didnt win any of there games by anymore than fla did all year and the only team that mich got beat by was #1 and it was only 3 points on away turf. if im wrong please convince me otherwise please what is it that that cpu knows that im not seeing please tell me or if you agree let me know.f usc.id rather see boise state play atleat their unbeaten.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dawg1454
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2383 by dapolla
This situation is just more evidence that we're having a down year in college football. No one is even CLOSE to Ohio State. Michigan played them so close because a) it's a rivalry game and b) Bo Schembechler died the day before. But they never led after Ohio State tied it 7-7 during the first quarter, never had a chance to win. Florida, supposedly "worthy" of a BCS Championship bid if they manage to win the SEC Championship game(which they won't) hasn't been able to score more than 28 points against a D-1 opponent all year; I know that 28 is a lot with their defense...but consider their 1-point victories over Tennessee and (gasp!) SCarolina. And their near collapses both against Vandy and us. They're just not that good. I seem to remember Oklahoma being "in the mix" in '03 and '04 and getting humiliated in both championship games they played; it's the same situation with the Gainesville Reptiles. USC is the most complete team other than Ohio State. It's not that they're deserving of being in the game, it's that they're more deserving than any other one-loss team out there, NONE OF WHICH ARE ANY GOOD COMPARED TO OSU. If USC wins, it will be a massive upset. Ohio State ain't great in the grand scheme of things; they're probably not even as good as the 2002 team. But they're leaps and bounds above the admittedly mediocre competition in what has been a mediocre college football season.

OSU-USC. 41-28. My money's on the table.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #2385 by UnderDog37
USC beat Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Arkansas during their non- conference schedule, and that is what the pollsters are basing their decision on. Florida beat all unranked teams on their non-conference schedule. UF beat West Carolina, FSU, and whatever other creampuff that they opened the season with. All those teams USC beat non-conference are ranked still. No matter how we dont like it, if USC wins big this weekend, they will go, no matter what UF does, and no matter how much Urban Meyer whines about it. Sure, I know USC lost to an unranked opponent, and UF lost to Auburn, who was in the top 5 at the time, but Auburn lost to 2 unranked opponents. Arkansas wasnt ranked when they beat AU, and neither were we. That makes UF's loss to Auburn look bad, and thtas why UF wont be there.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2388 by GatorinGA

... Florida, supposedly "worthy" of a BCS Championship bid if they manage to win the SEC Championship game(which they won't) hasn't been able to score more than 28 points against a D-1 opponent all year .............

Dapolla, just to correct your slanted misquote, Florida only played one division 2 team all year. While these two teams are not powerhouses, UCF and Southern Miss are division 1 schools and the Gators beat them by a combined point spread of 76 - 7. Do the math.

As for this poll, I voted for Michigan because both USC and UF have one more game to play so it is all irrelevent until after Saturday.

More
17 years 5 months ago #2393 by wlayton
I certainly agree with the last 3 posts. Boise State? They would get blasted by OSU, USC or UM. Geez, we blasted them in '05 when they were supposedly so "dangerous". A whimper instead.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2394 by UnderDog37
Boise State??!! Let me get up off the floor. What do they play in, the
WAC-ker conference? Man, they wouldn't last a season in one of the BCS conferences.....I remember them from 05. They were supposed to give us our first defeat last year. We beat the boots off of them, and still didnt get any quality points in the BCS for doing so.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds