Forum

Interesting Article,....

17 years 4 months ago #2402 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Interesting Article,....
that makes the Shula firing completely asinine, is that CMS actually had the program turned around and making great strides in recruiting! Hell, even Herbstreit commented the week before they fired Shula that Bama would be nuts to let him go! He said the team was loaded with returning talent and would be force in the SECW next year!!!! Now, I take everything that Kirk says with a grain of salt, but he usually doesn't blush where the SEC is concerned!

So,...CMS is gone, even before the "Malcontents" had an exit strategy...Poor, simply piss poor management!!!! Given the scary similarities this situation has to the Dawgs in 95/96, I suspect Bama will get dissed by some big names only to settle a la Donnan or Zook. There will some some initial excitement as the new coach wins on the foundation built by CMS. However, after two seasons the grumbling will start and around year four or five, this will begin again!!!

I honestly hope I am wrong, but this is really becoming another hiring fiasco for Bama!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2403 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Interesting Article,....
I think you are correct......They will get someone who will look like a genius for a couple of years, while riding the coattails of the talent that Shula recruited, then get fired when the talent graduates.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds