Forum

Georgia Tech

17 years 5 months ago #2147 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Georgia Tech
Gator, if you don't have a Sirius satellite radio, I would highly recommend one. You get all of the NFL and SEC games. I drive a lot during the fall and mine is a life saver. Plus, I enjoy listening to a good game on the radio almost as much as watching it on the tube.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2158 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Georgia Tech

Gator, if you don't have a Sirius satellite radio, I would highly recommend one. You get all of the NFL and SEC games. I drive a lot during the fall and mine is a life saver. Plus, I enjoy listening to a good game on the radio almost as much as watching it on the tube.

Thanks for the tip.
I also enjoy the game on the radio if the play by play caller is good.
No offense, but Munson is horrible at it and the guy that does the Gator games is absolutly so annoying that I can't even listen to him, "oh my". :twisted:

More
17 years 5 months ago #2159 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia Tech
GatorinGa, I always wondered if the "oh my" call ever got on Gator fan's nerves. I have to hear it on the Gator flag station everyday during a Gator update. Also, the "oh my" sounds so whussy or sissy for a football announcer and he must say it 150 a telecast.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2162 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Georgia Tech
True Dat. :lol: :lol:
As for Munson. I like him when he is not calling the game.
I may have mentioned that I live close to Athens and work even closer so I hear Munson on the radio doing commercials and he even does a new movie review which I enjoy. So it's not him or his voice that I don't like. It's because when the play gets exciting, he gets so confusing that I can't tell what's going on!
Here is a typical Munson call, "And we're dropping back to pass ..... and it's caught at the 40 by our big reciever.... AND HE'S HIT...IT'S A FUMBLE...IT'S PICKED AND HE'S RUNNING.....DOWN TO THE 30...THE 20...THE 10...TOUCHDOWN!!

OK, who in the heck just scored??

More
17 years 5 months ago #2165 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Georgia Tech
So true, he does get excited but he's a classic when he adlibs and comes up with his made up cliches'.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 5 months ago #2166 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Georgia Tech
Like maybe when he sed "We just stepped on their face with a hob-nailed boot and broke their nose" when we beat UT up there in 01? That was a classic. Who could forget "Run, Lindsay, RUN!!" as well??

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds