Forum

Everyone blaming Stafford

17 years 5 months ago #1531 by RedDawg
Everyone blaming Stafford was created by RedDawg
I am sick and tired of hearing people blame Stafford for everything. Yes he is making too many mistakes and yues he has alot to learn. The difference would be if he had receivers that could catch a ball or Im sorry, catch the ball and hang on to it. Think if most of his passes were caught this year we would be in better shape. I think with some new recruits this coming year and a new DC we could do a complete change around for next year. We have some hard work ahead of us. I do believe in Stafford and Cox for that matter. Two young good guys with alot of pressure on their shoulders.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1532 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Everyone blaming Stafford
Three 3 interception games is a level of horribleness that no NCAA D1 quarterback should exhibit, regardless of what stage of development they're at.

This is not part of the learning curve. This is a problem with Stafford that will not be corrected with time. It exposes shortcomings that weren't evident at the time of his recruitment.

There is no excuse for CMR to allow him to continue to play. Give Cox the helm against Auburn and see what he can do. Stafford will not improve much against the likes of Auburn and Georgia Tech.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1537 by Kgain25
Replied by Kgain25 on topic Re: Everyone blaming Stafford
I agree that Stafford has thrown way too many picks...even for a freshman. I also think that it maybe would have been better for him to have been redshirted. He's young and hes taking his lumps right now.He's got alot of work to do, but I still believe he will improve, and be a good QB for us.

• Kgain25
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1541 by Navy Dawg
Replied by Navy Dawg on topic Re: Everyone blaming Stafford
Guys,
He's good one second and our worst enemy the next. He is young, but my goodness!! WAS IT UK WE PLAYED TODAY?? 2 things are huge:

#1 - Dropped balls. If you are the designated 'field general', then practice one on one with your recievers and throw it to them the way you would in the game. For Stafford....Coach MR gave you the reigns...TAIKE CHARGE! I know these receivers aren't any better...but man. We've only had a couple of true field generals at UGA, and this kid can do it, but he needs to step up.

#2 - Could you please throw the ball where the opposite colored jerseys are not at when you appear to be throwing it away! Also, stop throwing into coverage where you know your guys are beat.

** bonus** my stance from earlier columns...big tight-ends catch balls...and it opens things up a lot more for our team. Note what happened today...they started using Milner in the second half, and didn't in the first because of him being benched for the start..

M Stafford...get it together kid! Coach MR ... get yourself a new Defensive Coord!

• Navy Dawg
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1553 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Everyone blaming Stafford
Stafford and the team will be very good next year. The Dawgs are last years Vols.
As for the 3 interceptions, Leak did it too against Vandy. You know who has put up the most yards against the Gators this year. Not Auburn, not LSU but Vanderbilt, by a huge margin.
The Gators will also loose a couple more this year.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1563 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Everyone blaming Stafford
I aggree with most of the posts on Stafford but if you really think about it, if the D could stop anybody from scoring then maybe Stafford would be put in the spot of what I call "situational" pics. Example: last pic yesterday, IF Bailey makes the extra point, then no rush to get into field goal territory (although he probably would miss), also IF the D could stop anybody then the last pic wouldn't have occurred, etc etc. Sure he's making mistakes but since we can't stop ANYBODY, all it does is add extra pressure on the kid. I think he's going to be a big time QB, just hope we can get him some big time receivers.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds