Forum

Matthew Stafford

17 years 6 months ago #1245 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Matthew Stafford
On a depressing note, you can expect that FSU will try really hard to get Coach back down there as soon as Bobby Bowden retires.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1250 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Matthew Stafford
Mark won't go back to FSU. Why? They are in dissarray and Mark the UGA program set up and growing.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 6 months ago #1253 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Matthew Stafford
I dont think he will go back to FSU. However, I live here, and I know a lot of boosters within the program and they tell me that they are gonna come after him when Bowden retires. Hell, they want him back now, after the last 6 years without him.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1259 by secsec
Replied by secsec on topic Re: Matthew Stafford
NC_DAWG is way wrong and 2 decades behind about the cloud of dust thing. He may want to check some NFL rosters for receivers from the SEC - plus there are a 1/2 dozen more on the way next year.

Stafford is incredibly talented and accurate and deserves better receivers - or at least better coaching/accountability of his receivers.

Stafford made the right choice playing for Richt. Mack Brown is a full of crap recuriter - promise a starting position to 100 guys then renege on 88 of them and do it over again the next year.

• secsec
  • Visitor
17 years 6 months ago #1267 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Matthew Stafford
secsec,....stats on numbers of NFL receivers from the SEC is by no means an indication of an "air" oriented offense therein. The sheer number of SEC teams and the southern talent that is recruited would easily justify your point. UGA recruited and developed numerous receivers during the Goff, Donnan and Richt years, but we've by no means made a complete transition from ground to air offense. One need only look both current and historically to view what the SEC prefers. With the noted exception of SOS; who coincidentially set the SEC on it's collective ear by employing the "fun-and-gun", most SEC teams are run/pass, with the former carrying the highest percentage.

All this being said, I am of the opinion that Richt prefers to "sling it" and will continue to do so. And for this reason, MS sought UGA as much as we sought him! I do, however, agree with your point that MS deserves better receivers and what he doesn't have this year, should improve in the years to come. We haven't had a QB of Staffords calibre in a long, long time. Therefore, given the type of QB and noted historical proclivity, we've not been viewed by many of the 5 star WR's as a place to go to catch footballs (insert Calvin Johnson).

Perhaps you mistook perspective for criticism, for I'm not being critical of what CMR appears to be directing this team toward. My preference is a STRONG ground game, that opens up the play action, rather than 5 wide and spread the field...but that's just me and I'm not the head coach. I am, however, bewildered by the FACT that we have some serious horsepower at the RB position that is not being utilized, at least not as much or as often as it could be. And if I never see another delay draw from the shotgun, I'll be a happy Dawg!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds