Forum

You know how ESPN is counting down the 25 best....

16 years 6 months ago #7458 by wlayton
Legitimate question !!

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7466 by GatorinGA
David Greene won't make the list any more than Danny Wuerffel will.
And Wuerffel's accomplishments are amazing, like no losses to the SEC East and winner of 4 straight SEC Championships.
The few SEC records that he does not own are owned by Greene, but remember that Wuerffel played a half season less than Greene.
Not putting down Greene (I loved David Greene - He defined what a \"winner\" is) but if Wuerffel does not make the top 25 (and he won't), then no way does Greene. And for that matter, Peyton Manning is wayyyyy behind both.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7479 by averagedawg
I'll agree to that. Manning is a better pro player than he was a college player. Can you say choke? Never beat UF, defense saved him in the Super Bowl.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7521 by UGAChemDawg
Actually, I expect Danny Wuerfell to be in the top 15, at least. He is by far the greatest QB in SEC history, and in the top 5 of all time. At the time, he was the greatest player I had ever seen in the SEC since Bo Jackson. Not necessarily for his physical abilities, but because he seemed to be surrounded by like a magic aura. You just got the feeling that whenever Weurfell threw the football, it was going to be caught no matter what kind of coverage he was throwing into.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7522 by UGAChemDawg
If Danny doesn't deserve to be on the list, than neither does Emmit Smith. Who should represnet that Gators on the list? Steve Spurrier? If Danny, Emmit, or Steve don't make it, then that Gators won't be represented.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7526 by GatorinGA
I don't think any Gators will be on the list. Now if it were a list for just the past 40 years, then I think one or two would make it. There are so many record setting players from decades ago that only the real football buffs keep up with. I think this list will be loaded with players that most fans have never heard of. I agree that one Bulldog should be near the top of the list.
As a huge Minnesota Viking fan, I still remember that first day as a Viking when he ran out of his shoe. :laugh: :laugh: His best game as a Viking was his first but then that trade goes down in history as the worst trade in the NFL. Not Walker's fault, just stupid people in the Vikings front office. Then of course the Cowboys replaced him with rookie Emmitt Smith and won a Superbowl.

Also, you may remember that I posted a thread similar to this a few weeks back because I have been looking for this top 25 countdown on the web. I have Googled it to death but still can't find it. Does anyone have a link?

Edit: I just thought of a Gator that deserves the list:
Professer Robert Cade.
He invented Gatorade.
BTW, when you see it being handed out on the sidelines, just know that a percentage of the profits go to UF.:laugh:

More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds