Forum

You know how ESPN is counting down the 25 best....

16 years 6 months ago #7534 by dapolla
GatorinGA wrote:

Edit: I just thought of a Gator that deserves the list:
Professer Robert Cade.
He invented Gatorade.
BTW, when you see it being handed out on the sidelines, just know that a percentage of the profits go to UF.:laugh:

That's why the Dawgs drink PowerAde, GatorinGA.

I don't know that any Florida player would ever be on the list. Let's not forget that Florida football really only started upon the arrival of Spurrier. They were good in the '80s...nearly won a couple of SEC titles, would have won in '89 if they hadn't been on probation lol. But they aren't a \"traditional\" power any more than West Virginia or Florida State is.

On the other hand, my Georgia list includes Trippi (already on the list), Herschel, Tarkenton, Zeier (who won't make the list because he had no pro career and ESPN creams over the NFL) and Garrison Hearst. We'll see if anyone besides Herschel makes the list. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that USCPN even remembers Charlie Trippi.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7597 by UGAChemDawg
GatorinGA wrote:

I
BTW, when you see it being handed out on the sidelines, just know that a percentage of the profits go to UF.:laugh:

No, they don't. They sold it outright, patent and everything. The University of Florida doesn't receive any royalties from Gatorade sales. They are affiliated with the company who makes it in name only.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7740 by GatorinGA
UGAChemDawg wrote:

GatorinGA wrote:

I

No, they don't. They sold it outright, patent and everything. The University of Florida doesn't receive any royalties from Gatorade sales. They are affiliated with the company who makes it in name only.

If that is true, then it is only VERY recently as I have a report from UF sent out to all the boosters from just last year that states that UF has recieved \"almost $20 million from Gatorade royalties since 2000\".

I know that Pepsico now owns the product so it's possible that they negotiated some sort of buy-out but I find no evidence of that with Google searching.

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds