Forum

You know how ESPN is counting down the 25 best....

16 years 6 months ago #7432 by UGAChemDawg
You know how ESPN is counting down the top 25 greatest college football players of all time? Herschel in the top 5 is a gimme, it will be disappointing if he's not number 1, but I can see them giving that to someone like Barry Sanders.

But, I will be extremely disappointed if Frank Sinkwich is not on this list somewhere.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #7433 by UnderDog37
Or Charlie Trippi......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #7436 by dapolla
Charlie Trippi was #20, one better than two-time Heisman winner Archie Griffin. Trippi was robbed of the Heisman in '46, so it's only fitting he should be on the list.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 6 months ago #7442 by wlayton
UGAChemDawg, I saw a show on ESPN rating the top RB's of all time in college and Herschel was rankied #1 in that poll.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7448 by kentdaddy
In almost every poll like this I have seen Herschel has been #1. I think in one case he was #2 and Red Grange was #1.

Barry Sanders only had one great season and Bo Jackson was fragile his junior year.

The Ricky Williams / Ron Dayne type players were just a little above average so it won't be one of them.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7457 by averagedawg
I may be crazy, but why not David Greene? He only set the NCAA record for most victories, the epitomy of college football.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds