Forum

It's too bad.....

16 years 6 months ago #7246 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:It's too bad.....
MAN, do I AGREE with you on that statement !! Just don't think CMR is going to do anything unless UF, AU, UK and GT lay about 50 on us, which 3 of the 4 probably will. Geez, Troy might put 30 on that D. Problem is, on the Mark Richt show, the host bragged on the D for allowing only 7 points in the last 2 halfs they have played against UT and Vandy. Once UT scored to answer our TD to make it 35-7, it looked like they called off the dogs the rest of the game and just tried to run out the clock. Glad they shut down Vandy the 2nd half BUT they were about to win the game with a no-stopem end of the game drive, AGAIN, until they fumbled. On the show NO mention was made about the 45-7 whippings UT and Vandy laid on us in the 2 first halfs. WM isn't going anywhere so we had better score a BUNCH next year.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #7253 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:It's too bad.....
The dbacks are making all the tackles, where is the dline?

More
16 years 6 months ago #7256 by wlayton
Gettin their butts whipped, more importantly WHERE'S our LB's ?? DL should be at least neutralizing things up front and the LB's making a BUNCH of plays.....where are they?

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7270 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:It's too bad.....
I agree. Our defensive front seven has been pretty pathetic as of late. We cant pressure the QB and our LB corp cant stop the run to save their lives. I was here last year calling for WM to be fired after we got hosed by Tenn. I just feel WMs defensive philosophy is vanilla. We do a poor job of disguising blitzes, we don't play well man to man, our zone coverages stink, our tackling has been at times worse than a HS football team, and the defensive play calling is horrendous. I remember watching us line up Saturday in a nickel package on a first and 10 when they weren't even throwing the ball well and then getting torched by the option. I hate being an armchair coach but if I can see it then Im pretty sure the oppositions coaches can see it too.

The only problem is on paper the defense looks good. With exception to the Tenn game we have only given up about 17 pts a game. I just believe the defense is going to start getting blasted by teams with competent offenses. Fla, Ky, and quite possibly Tech may have a field day with our defense. The jury is still out on Auburn. They seem to be doing just enough on offense to win but I'm not convinced they can come to our house and win yet.

Just my $ .02 :dry:

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #7275 by wlayton
Guarantee you AU can put up 25 easily on our D. We can't stop anybody.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #7283 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:It's too bad.....
You may be right but I think the AU offense is as inconsistent maybe more so than ours.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds