Forum

New Off Coord....

16 years 7 months ago #6906 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:New Off Coord....
Alright!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6908 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:New Off Coord....
It's hard to play the offense the way it is supposed to be whenever you are down 28-0 at the half. You have to abandon the running game in order to score quickly. In addition to that, the opposing defense is able to blitz, blitz, blitz with a lead like that, and there is only one person to blame for a 28-0 lead.....The DC.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6909 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:New Off Coord....
Rx, I am not complaining about Bobo......The D looked scared and unprepared. There is only one person to point a finger at there. The DC.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6910 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:New Off Coord....
Well, for me it's not so much the complaining after the win, it's the armchair coaching and second-guessing that sounds eerily similar to the whine of the boo-birds in the stadium. The thing is, we've stuggled in 4 of five games so far, so it really was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off. It happened last year, too. Perhaps there's too much talk about the inexperience of the team. Perhaps the talk is inside the heads of the players. Perhaps it is, as the majority opinion seems to be, that the coaching staff of this team doesn't know it's arse from a hole in the ground. Me, personally, I don't know. I sure as hell don't view my understanding of coaching to be elevated to the point that I can second guess CMR's decisions...I have to trust him and trust that he knows what he's doing.

One sportswriter said it best when he observed that it's not necessarily the better team that wins each week, it's the team that plays better...is better prepared. It's six of one and a half dozen of the other with regards to where the blame lays, but what ever came of that? Your wife cooked dinner and it sucked. Your kids blame the ingredients. You blame the cook. For a week this is all she hears. There's no difference in the impact of negativity, and nothing of value to be gained from a week of bitching about LAST week's game. Nobody who follows the Dawgs felt anything other than pain and embarrassment at the performance, but there's another game next week and, to my knowledge, the complaining has never changed the result. I DO believe, however, that enough complaining will change next week's result. Perhaps we should change coaching staff after each loss...no, wait, after the third loss...no, that makes no sense, lets say that we'll only accept five losses before they lose their jobs. Well, that's a darned effective management system there. I wonder how that will work out?????

As to expectations, just exactly what was it that convinced you we were on track for a NC this year? or an undefeated season? or even a season without hiccups? I didn't see it at any point after coming out of last year. I HOPED we would accomplish all those things. Dreamed, sure, but entertained no disillusionment about our chances of a NC this year. So you call to the mat my dedication to my Dawgs for entertaining a measure of reality? All I can say is that my head was held high Sunday morning, despite my pain at the result.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 7 months ago #6922 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:New Off Coord....
My expectations weren't that we would have an undeafeated season or being in the hunt for a NC. I'm a realist on that front and am on record for sayin that '08 and '09 are when we should be able to compete for a NC. Our expectations are for consistency, improvement and reloading to be very competitive every week with the best i.e. UF against LSU is the best example (too tired to go over that again). At this point in CMR's regime we should be able to achieve that just as easily as UF, USC, OU, OSU or ANY other TOP program. Like sadlerdawg said, mediocrity is unacceptable. AGAIN, my only complaint is with our defense, NOT just this one game but for the last 1 1/2 years, trends aren't an abboration.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6927 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:New Off Coord....
I guess my point of view is that disloyalty to any portion of the program is disconcerting. I can understand the underlying sentiment to calls for WMs termination, but I see it as counterproductive. Your points about the UF program are well taken, and outline the fact that there is something else amiss with our program outside of simply laying blame on the DC's shoulders. We have gobs of talent.. the type of talent that other coaches dream of. We have good coaches, coaches who have earned their right to be where they are.

I think we've touched on the underlying failings of all the right ingredients to amount to anything substantial. 1) execution on both sides of the ball. Why hasn't MS been benched for a series yet? Why does Tripp Chandler still get to suit up? Why, week to week, does it take a quarter or a half for us to start playing? This is exacerbated by the fact that 2) there is no passion in our coaching staff. One time, just one friggin time, I'd like to see CMR get in somebody's ass about a broken play, tackle or whatever. We rag on The old devil for tossing visors, but wouldn't you like to see CMR do it? Instead of practicing on Monday, the entire team...Yes, the entire team, should have done enough laps around the practice facility they wore a groove in the play surface. Just one time, I'd like to see CMR snatch a player by the facemask and drag him to the bench. These kids need to earn their spots every week, but there seems to be a sense of entitlement with regards to the starters. As far as coaching, Bobo gets the reins until he's shooting blanks. This past week, Richt should have been calling plays after the second series. Finally, tell our players that the game starts at kickoff. Just like Tenn showed us, get after our opponent from the get go and don't let go until they quit breathing. If you don't come to play, you don't come to play--plain and simple.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds