Forum

New Off Coord....

16 years 7 months ago #6841 by jjwfan
New Off Coord.... was created by jjwfan
This thread discusses the Content article: New Off Coord....

I welcome any comments....Take your best shot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jjwfan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6850 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:New Off Coord....
Yeah, I can't totally dissagree with his comments but will give Bobo a little bit of a pass from the standpoint I believe he is very handicapped in what he can call with the inexperienced OL that ALSO is not very physical YET. Bobo and MS can't rely on anything that takes TIME to develope, therefore that's why you are seeing screens, slants, quick passing game. Geez, anything over a 15 yard pass, MS is either throwing it off his back foot or running for his life. Our OL actually is better (only right now) running straight at the other DL. Quicker hitting plays.

I still believe our problem is MAINLY on the other side of the ball (and I believe I'm on record pretty well on that one).

Just my 2 cents worth.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6854 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:New Off Coord....
For me, it's a toss-up. Yes our defense is the main problem, but the offense is uninspired and predictable. Yes, our OL is young and inexperienced, but that's why the playbook needs to get a lot more creative. I hate trick plays, but sometimes misdirection and trickery confuses the defense and can take some pressure off the O'line. I'm not saying go to all trick, all the time, but up the middle, up the middle, pass, punt isn't cutting it either. Richt, dust off your old FSU playbook and take the headset from Bobo.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6858 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:New Off Coord....
I DO agree that at some point you have got to quit worrying too much about the OL and JUST GO FOR IT. If you don't you're going to get beat buy the better teams ANYWAY (can get by with it against the cakewalk teams).

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6878 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:New Off Coord....
I'm shocked at you guys turning on the coaches so quickly. We have a piecemeal offensive line, a QB with a ton of potential but still young and unproven, and a talented but inexperienced defense. They struggled Saturday. But Saturdays past they've played well and Saturdays future they'll play well again. Bobo is no more stupid now than he was a genius on Sept. 2. He's a good coach. Be patient.

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6880 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:New Off Coord....
My beef is with Martinez, look at the Virginia Tech game, the West Virginia game, the Kentucky drive last year, it goes on and on and on.....It's like we're playing a soft, prevent the long pass defense the entire game. I think Bobo will be fine. It all starts with DEFENSE!

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds