Forum

Heartbroken... and Saddened

16 years 6 months ago #6780 by Buc
Heartbroken... and Saddened was created by Buc
Good Evening ALL DAWG FANS . . . . . .

I am 67 years young, grew up in the state of Georgia and have always and will always love my Dawgs. There have been many up and downs in my life with the Red and Black, and for the most part . . . . .ups.

Today, without question was one of, if not the worst whippings I have ever seen the UGA team take. Losing is not the question with me in this thread, it is the WAY that our team lost.

During the 50's, 60's, we had some problems. Some of us were glad to make the Sun Bowl with VD, which seemed to get us on the right track and back into the times of Trippi and the like.

Sad for me to say, but this team gave up, repeat GAVE UP. I do not think that there is a lack of talent on our team, I just do not see the motivation needed to play up to the potential that I think is represented by the talent on this team.

We all knew going into this season that this was going to be a Dawg Fight. Today, the Dawgs were there, however there was no FIGHT.

I have been very careful not to say too much on this board about coaching, but here I go. Erk Russell, rest in peace, thank God you did not have to witness what WM put up as a defense today. Never in all of my years have I seen such pathetic ARM (if you choose) TACKLING. Today we looked like Ohio State in the game with Florida for all the marbles for the national championship.

We knew going into this year that we had problems, especially with the offensive line, just did not know that the defense would play like this. The road gets no easier for us, there are some teams out there that play with the same intensity that the Vols did today.

My heart is broken, never did I think that I would witness the UGA football team giving up. I apologize to all of you that take this to mean anything other than one old farts opinion. H Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6785 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Saddened
I TOTALLY agree with you Buc.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #6790 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Saddened
I love our DAWGS, and I totally agree, too, Buc. I lay the blame on the coaches. No preparation, no fire, silly play calling (how many times do you run up the middle for no gain before you try something new?), and poor defensive schemes. If the coaches got the team prepared and fired up every game, and called plays like the OSU game, I think we're undefeated now.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 6 months ago #6793 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Saddened
Bingo sadlerdawg

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 6 months ago #6797 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Saddened
Dooley and Russell would be tearing up the locker room now. I am tired of calm and eventempered coaching. My God, this is Georgia Bulldog football!

More
16 years 6 months ago #6798 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Saddened
Let me clarify. I think Richt is the right guy, But he needs some assistants that get in a kid's face and instill some passion. The lack of intensity is unacceptable. We have the talent to win these games.

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds