Forum

Thurs Night Game

16 years 6 months ago #6730 by miss_uga
Replied by miss_uga on topic Re:Thurs Night Game
You're sweet, and I respect that you have been respectful of the forum....you know, since you are a fan of enemy number ONE! What makes you a Gator fan in GA of all places?? Were you born into it or did you make a serious mistake along the way?? ;oP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• miss_uga
  • Visitor
16 years 6 months ago #6740 by DawgSpeare
Replied by DawgSpeare on topic Re:Thurs Night Game
Oh, miss_uga; that is classic crack up (a mistake along the way). I must agree; he seems like a very good man. Methinks it well to remember that not all citizens of an evil empire are wicked themselves. Few would argue that no doubt most of the citizens of Nazi Germany were not evil. But many were, and many more did nothing or too little to stop the horrors. It's good to see a fine person of apparently sterling character rise above the insidious slime that so seriously permeates the specter of UF Football.

• DawgSpeare
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 6 months ago #6747 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:Thurs Night Game
miss_uga wrote:

.... What makes you a Gator fan in GA of all places?? Were you born into it or did you make a serious mistake along the way?? ;oP

Very witty Miss_UGA. I explained this to the members here last year.
In a nutshell, my father taught there in the early seventies and my first experiences with football when I was a kid was Gator football. I was always a fan growing up but never bled orange and blue as I was more into pro ball. I played football in HS in the Florida Panhandle and played against Emmit Smith. He was the man in Florida HS ball at that time. He graduated the year after me and I was interested in how he did at college so I watched and rooted for him. Then Spurrier arrived and the Gators started winning big. At the same time I lost interest in my NFL team (Vikings) because they started really stinkin’. A couple of years after that, my kid sister’s friend’s boyfriend (did you get that), a star QB at nearby Ft. Walton Beach HS (Danny Wuerffel) decided to play for the Gators. Now I am HOOKED! As any die hard fan knows, you don’t really pick your team, it just happens.
I moved to GA in '89 and love it. I work just north of Athens.

More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds