Forum

Alabama Game Thoughts

16 years 7 months ago #6286 by eddieh110175
Replied by eddieh110175 on topic Re:Game Thoughts
I am not wanting to rain on the parade, but I was hoping CMR would bench Stafford for a couple of series. I am getting the feeling he doesnt believe his job can be taken... Trip Chandler is driving me nuts.. I like Bruce Figgins and thought he should get a shot since Chandler couldnt catch anything that was thrown his way... I was so stressed after this game, the defense is playing real well with a couple of mistakes here and there... We can not do the defense like in the past and expect them to keep us in the ballgame and not help support their effort... That mentality almost cost UGA the win and sent the season in to desperation mode again... A lot of people may not feel the way I do about this team but I have a better feeling about the dawgs this year than I have in a couple of years, I feel they can do great things the next couple of years but I also think that some of the players may need to be awaken and realize that their dream is real and dont take it for granted... But to end on a great note, how did everyone like that hit Moreno laid on the safety.. I loved how he lowered the shoulder hit the guy and stood there like a linebacker looking at him like he wasnt crap... Thats the attitude and desire I want the whole team to play with!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• eddieh110175
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6288 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Game Thoughts
I agree with you about Figgins, he's going to be a great one and catches the bal really well. Chandler is driving me crazy and believe Figgins is a better receiver BUT as CMR said, Figgins just doesn't know all the blocking schemes as well and doesn't know yet what to do when a defense adjusts before the play etc etc. One thing for sure, Joe C. is NOT the answer. I was very impressed with they way MS came roaring back after the pic and they tie the game at 10-10. Showed a lot of guts and maturity in driving us right down the field to score and make it 17-10. MS is the man for sure.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6361 by RollTideMST
Replied by RollTideMST on topic Re:Game Thoughts
Originally, I searched for this forum to post a note saying how well I thought UGA played, what a competitive group of players they are, and apologize for the behavior of those few obnoxious rowdy people throwing trash after the bulldog victory. Since I've gotten here, almost all I have read has been trash talking and excuses for bad plays and people bad mouthing a guy that I think is one of the best place kickers in NCAA football in Coutu. I guess it's my mistake for giving alot of your fans (not all of you) too much credit, expecting them to be classier than that. But all is fair in love and war. With that said, The game never should have been that close seeing as though UGA had 2 WEEKS to prepare for this game, Bama had 1. So for those of you who keep talking \"we sure whipped their butts!\" You'd better check your ego every saturday morning for the rest of the season cause your in for alot more heart ache. I was not impressed by a team that is not even in a rebuilding mode. They beat a team in overtime who had a losing record last season and they also lost to South Carolina. That sounds mediocre at best. Good luck this season, you'll need it.

Editors Note: All teams have poorly behaved fans. We have learned to ignore them. You are welcome to post but you need to concentrate on football. We are allowed to talk about our beloved Dawgs with criticism and so are you but keep it civil.

• RollTideMST
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6362 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Game Thoughts
I'm not an obnoxious fan and have always like Bama.............but......why don't you just stay on your forum and concentrate on your team and we'll concentrate on ours.

Editors Note: Thsi is the ONLY comment that will be allowed about the Bama fan post. Do NOT comment any further. Enough said!

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6363 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Game Thoughts
RollTideMST wrote:

Originally, I searched for this forum to post a note saying how well I thought UGA played, what a competitive group of players they are, and apologize for the behavior of those few obnoxious rowdy people throwing trash after the bulldog victory. Since I've gotten here, almost all I have read has been trash talking and excuses for bad plays and people bad mouthing a guy that I think is one of the best place kickers in NCAA football in Coutu. I guess it's my mistake for giving alot of your fans (not all of you) too much credit, expecting them to be classier than that. But all is fair in love and war. With that said, The game never should have been that close seeing as though UGA had 2 WEEKS to prepare for this game, Bama had 1. So for those of you who keep talking \"we sure whipped their butts!\" You'd better check your ego every saturday morning for the rest of the season cause your in for alot more heart ache. I was not impressed by a team that is not even in a rebuilding mode. They beat a team in overtime who had a losing record last season and they also lost to South Carolina. That sounds mediocre at best. Good luck this season, you'll need it.

RollTideMST, I'm getting the feeling that you wrote this post before you set foot on our forum. First off, NO ONE on this post has bad-mouthed Coutu. In fact, I wrote a post entitled \"Why Coutu Did NOT Have a Bad Game,\" which is posted on the front page of this forum.

Where are you finding \"excuses\" for bad play? All I've read here is acknowledgement of our weaknesses and celebration of our strengths.

In terms of trash-talking, there was a little bit of that, which is to be expected. After all, even though we went in as 3.5-point favorites, a lot of media pundits -- and Bama fans, sad to say -- thought that we were major underdogs. The rankings showed us as major underdogs as well.

And NO ONE has said \"we sure whipped their butts!\" as you put it. Most of us feel that we should have won by more with the way we dominated the first half, but the score shows that we did not whip Alabama's butt. We won a close, thriller of an OT game by three points.

So if you're looking for an excuse to trash-talk, perhaps you ought to go to another forum. This is the wrong place to post your form letter without doing the proper research to back up your erronious claims of trash-talkery and bad-mouthiness.

Editors Note: Well put and the FINAL word about the bama fan post!!! I am calling the Dawgs off and putting them back on football topics.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #6376 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Game Thoughts
How can anyone whose team blew a 21 point lead to a one dimensional team like Arkansas have any room to talk? In fact, Arkansas is not a good team at all. They have McFadden and Jones, and little else. The fact that they squeaked out a win only served to over-inflate an already strained-to-the-bursting-point opinion of their own team's abilities, judging by the low opinion their fan base and media had regarding us as an opponent, and yes, there was a total lack of respect by almost all of the fan base, judging by what I read on their message boards the week before this game.....much like the opinions of us by the Tennesee fans, which I am privileged to be reading on their blogs now. Same lack of respect, only from a different opponent. How soon they forget. 23-3 on the road vs the SEC, and 3-0 in Neyland stadium since 1999, which was our last loss there.

Editors Note: Since you said it without anger I am leaving this post. Come on guys, let's get back to football. If we spend time on every frustrated fan of the opposition then we will not be focused on football.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds