Forum

Alabama Game Thoughts

16 years 7 months ago #6380 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Game Thoughts
wlayton wrote:

BTW, they were 3 1/2 point favorites.

I didn't realize that. I thought the gambling element was favoring us. Ah, well. Guess it was an \"upset\" in all senses of the word. Except, of course, for the talent on the field. And the fan base.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6386 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re:Game Thoughts
Dear RollTideMST,
I'm niether a fan of Georgia nor Bama so I speak from an SEC fan's point of view.
I could not understand the all of the sudden respect for Alabama’s team just because Saban arrived. Then this massive jump in the polls because of a controversial win vs. Arkansas (who rushed for 300 yds. BTW). Unprecedented jump in the polls IMO. Come on, 16th??!! Maybe 24th at best. Couple that with newspaper articles and sports gurus stating as if fact that Saban has turned the program around already. Uhhh, a little early for that claim don’t you think.
So going into the Georgia game, I knew that Georgia would win because Georgia is a better team and because I could tell that the Bama players (and fans) truly believed all the crap that was written in the papers about how good they were. Way overconfident.
For me personally, it was great to see Alabama exposed for what they are. Mediocre. Now when FSU beats them this weekend, they slip out of the polls for good this year. Where they should be.
This is not meant to hateful towards Alabama. I just think they are mediocre at best and could not understand the hype surrounding them. They will loose several more times this year.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6387 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Game Thoughts
Hey GatorinGa, you are so right in your post. But not sure FSU can beat anybody that's decent, did you see that offense against Colorado? Unbelievably pathetic.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6390 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Game Thoughts
I was thinking the same thing, wlayton.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6391 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Game Thoughts
sadlerdawg, great minds think alike.