Forum

Time to Man-Up!!!!

16 years 7 months ago #6137 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
Bingo

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6140 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
Where is Pat Dye when you need him?

For once, I have no words. The lackluster play we displayed both against SCarolina and Western (yes, I deem Saturday's effort lackluster) betrays the spirit of the Dawgs in uniform. I thought that Joe Cox, KnoMo and Mikey were the only Dawgs on the field showing the necessary fire to beat a shoulder-chipped Bama team. We have GOT to get fired up for this weekend. It's not enough to just go out there and play our game. We have to shut Tuscaloosa up. We have to murder the Tide. We CANNOT begin the year 0-2 in SEC play. It is NOT acceptable.

Anyway, I'm too riled up and biled up to speak right now. We beat Bama on Saturday, I'll be back to my old self again. But right now even thinking about the game on Saturday is tying my digestive tract in knots. Dear Lord, am I actually looking forward to going back to work so I don't have to write about the Dawgs?

I'm not being negative...I'm just nervous. I see the awful possibility of 0-2 staring me in the face and it makes me nauseous.

GO DAWGS! CRUSH THAT UGLY ELEPHANT!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 7 months ago #6141 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
Here's another something for you to consider........Troy beat Ok. State last Saturday. All the talk about OSU in the preseason was just that.....talk. Now it doesn't even look all THAT good that we beat them the way we did.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6144 by wlayton
Well, Cox had better NOT get so fired up because he threw a duck that should have been intercepted and taken back to the house. TERRIBLE decision on his part. Two others played well, Owens (SEC defensive player of the week) and MS (when they cut him loose and let him actually play).

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 7 months ago #6154 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
This confuses me...as does the seemingly nonchalant way the dawgs get booed when playing poorly or getting beat. Where are the fans?

Look, it sucks to lose, that's true. But the fact of the matter is, regardless of what is said about our two cupcake wins, we could have scored 60 on each had the dawgs been unleashed. All these mistakes are to be expected with the youth and inexperience and, might I remind the doubters...we weren't expected to do so well this year anyway.

I understan apprehension going into an SEC game...heck, any game. But to read some of the stuff posted here and elsewhere, it seems SOME people really don't give the Dawgs a snowball's chance in heck ANY week that we have questions about the team's performance.

Where are the fans.

Where are those of US that toughed it out through the Goff and Donnan years, and still cheered anyway? Where are the fans who came back the week after Bo Jackson smoked the dawgs for about 60 yards in Athens (about the last time AU was worth a damn)? Where are the fans who stayed glued to the TV during those Bowl games, you remember, Purdue and VT, when all hope seemed lost? Where are those fans?

Sure, Alabama COULD beat the Dawgs this weekend. But, according to some, so could OSU and even WC, given the proper planetary alignment. Hell, we could be 0-3 right now. Shoulda-woulda-coulda. The fact is that the dawgs, those young and experienced kids, need to know that the 12th man is behind them, not doubting them. They are talented They can win, but they need real fans when the boo-birds start chittering around the water coolers. Might I remind some:

Ray Goff took was 46-34-1 (0-5-0 against Tennessee, 1-6-0 against Florida, 2-4-1 against Auburn, 5-2-0 against Georgia Tech and won no conference titles.)

Jim Donnan was 40-19-0 record (1-4-0 against Tennessee, 2-3-0 against Auburn, 1-4-0 against Florida and 2-3-0 against Georgia Tech.)

We know all about tough times, but CMR and his teams have earned our respect and, despite out \"right\" to our doubts, should have us focused on the good in this team. If MS and KnoMo hit their strides, it's a woodshed visit for Bama. If we send a good vibe of support and it reaches the O line and they gel?????? Imagine what the season can hold.

Point? I'm sure, at some level, this negativity gets back to those kids. It must be hell to play knowing that the people who should (the fans) don't believe AS THEY SHOULD....I'm betting not one of those kids gives anything other than their best, but they're young and they need our support.

Yes, there are questions. Yes, there are doubts. But I believe in my heart that this team has enough to win and win often this season (and, LORDY, look out in 2008/2009). This is the foundation year for that success and I'm sure the dawgs would appreciated some love from the 12th man.

Rant? Sure, but I'll be darned if I'm adding any dark weather to my dawgs. I believe in them and CMR and his staff, and if they make mistakes or fall short, it won't change a thing for me because these are MY dawgs and I know they can beat Bama. It's time for all of the \"twelfth men (and women)\" to shut up and step up.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 7 months ago #6155 by wlayton
I will be right there with you LimeyDawg, all the way !!

Think about this.....soon these young Dawgs are ALL going to put a game together at the same time.......man, with this talent, will that be something to see (hope it's against uf) !!!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds