Forum

Time to Man-Up!!!!

16 years 7 months ago #6160 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO DAWGS!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6163 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
I've been rooting for UGA since 1976. And yes, thru the Goff and Donnan years, too. To me, there is no other team but UGA. However, I am a realist, and what I have seen thus far is not impressive. Sure, I'm no coach, I didn't play past the HS level, and I am sure I couldn't do better. What we have here, gentleman, is an experience issue, nothing more. As soon as the light comes on and the youth matures, we will be OK. this is what I mean by saying that I am a realist. Too much youth in too many crucial positions, but that's as critical as I am gonna be about the team. They just aren't impressive, and that's a youth issue. Experience is the best teacher.

Now, about the so-called fans who boo the players......bandwagon fans for the most part who were nowhere to be seen during the 90s, and are now completely spoiled by the success we have achieved during the CMR era. This is the same thing I have been witnessing since 2001 with the FSU program....Never was a fan of FSU, but I live only 30 minutes from Tallahassee, so I see and hear a lot more about that program that I want to, and those people really have been spoiled. They honestly expected the coaching changes that were made during the off-season to yield a 10 or 11 game winning season this year, even though the talent isn't there any more, and I truly think that Bobby Bowden's advanced age is causing him to slip a notch or two. they are saying down here that the only reason he is still coaching is because he wants to see who will die first....him or Joe Pa. Every Monday after another bad performance by FSU, I am privileged to hear another ritual melt-down by the local sports talk show host here in Tallahassee. Those fans get to the game late, leave early, complain if they aren't winning by 50, and complain if they are winning by 50. I only hope we will never become like that, but success does tend to spoil some of the fan base. We have to stand with our boys, good or bad. Next year will be pay-back for the way we were treated by other teams.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #6170 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
I will always be a Georgia Bulldog. I endured through the Goff years, never hid my loyalty. Living up here in Tennessee, I suffered, what was it, nine straight losses to the Bawls. You cannot even imagine how hard that was. I will always wear the red and black. It's interesting this year to see all the closet crimson tide fans come out of the woodwork. Where have they been? I think most of us only expect one thing, 110% effort and a visceral desire to win, go down in flames, fight to the end. Anything less is an insult to the Georgia Bulldog family. As always, Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds