Forum

Time to Man-Up!!!!

16 years 7 months ago #6113 by NC_Dawg
Time to Man-Up!!!! was created by NC_Dawg
I've not posted for some time, as that I usually impose a \"first loss\" hiatus to pass to allow clear judgment and practical thought to rule, rather than post game anger and angst. Unfortunately, that hiatus came much earlier than I wanted or expected. Nonetheless, here we are, three games into a season, with a slightly less muddy picture of the K-9 unknowns for 2007. There is little doubt that we have the talent to succeed this season and there are glimpses of leadership taking form that will serve this team well throughout the season and seasons to come. However, what I've yet to see is that burning, boarderline fanatical enthusiasm among players and to a lesser degree, staff! To this day I'm convinced that we lost to the Coots because we lacked the spirit, the frothly, spit dripping desire to eviscerate SCU when the opportunity presented itself. Not once, but no less than five (5) opportunities presented themselves as game/momentum changing and we seized none.....NONE!!!

Now, this post is not intended to discuss the past, other than to point out that if we are not careful these young and talented warriors may very well find themselves within that historical sphere of repetition! No, this post is a challenge for the young and experienced alike to MAN UP! This is our nexus, our point where we decide if this will be a season of victories or mediocrity. Young talent can aspire and achieve great things, as witnessed by the absolute dismantling of UT by a very young UF team.

So I ask, where's the fire? Where the sense that for the next 60 minutes you'll settle for nothing less than the whimpering submission of a vanquished opponent...and then you score again, so they never forget!!! Will this be a season of hard fought, victorious memories or a period of settling for much less because we are young and inexperienced? I care not for excuses, nor am I willing to settle. This is an extremely queer season where would-be cremepuffs and cupcakes are giving their Division 1 big brothers all they can handle. Our season from here on is now the unknown, for any one team is capable of whipping us,...if we allow it! Will we?

Saturday night will determine how this season will be written. Bama is no Goliath, but if we are ill prepared and unmotivated, they could become the \"Lewinsky\" of our season...

ARE WE MAN ENOUGH???

It's gut check DAWGS............

TIME TO MAN - UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 7 months ago #6116 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: NC Dawg you hit the nail right on the head. Where are the gut checks? Where is the fire in the belly of the players and coaches both. These players don't need pats on their backs or their hands held, nor do the need to be protected from the media. They need tough love and tough coaching. I would love to see just once a coach to grab a player by the shoulder pads and put his face in the players face mask after a missed assignment. Get their attention, get in their face one time. Are they \"man enough\" to beat Bama, I just don't know at this point. Maybe another get tough message from Coach Pat Dye might help. I can
assure you one thing, Coach Butts or Coach Dooley would be more demonstrate in addressing players failure to play every down to the best of their ability. This staff is too placid for my taste. They need a Erk Russell mentality some where on this staff to light the fire in our Dawgs.
God rest his soul. Coach these players up and maybe, just maybe, we might beat Bama.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Member since 1999

More
16 years 7 months ago #6117 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
Yes, this is definitely our make or break game of the season. This could determine if we only lose 1, maybe 2 and contend for the SEC title, or if we lose 4-5 games by year's end. The boys were facing a .500 season last year when they manned up and laid the wood to Allbarn and carried the momentum to a terrific end of the season. Dawgs, find that fire that burned in you at the end of last season.
GO DAWGS!!!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6119 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
Coach Dooley\"s first question to Coach Richt was \"Are you mean enough?\" I love Richt's character but it's time to get mean. Go Dawgs!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6121 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
You got that right, average.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 7 months ago #6134 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Time to Man-Up!!!!
We have a lotta trouble coming this week. As I stated last week, Bama won, and now those folks in Tuscaloosa haven't stopped talking all weekend. Add to the fact that Auburn seems to be having a bad season, and now it's chic to be a Bama fan again. There is now talk of them running the table over there, and we didn't look all that good last week against a I-AA school. True, Bama blew a 31-10 lead, but I don't know if we can even score the 38 that Arkansas did in order to catch up. If we can run, we can win. if we can't, we won't. We have to have a balanced attack. We cant win on just running, as Arkansas tried to do. We cant just have good passing, as we did last week. WE MUST HAVE A BALANCED ATTACK, and we have to have outstanding play from both lines. This might be the defining game for this group of young dawgs. Time to put up or shut up. Time to man up.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds