Forum

Raped in the polls again

16 years 8 months ago #6007 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Raped in the polls again
Exactly, RxDawgboy. You HAVE to be prepared and ready to play and take care of things yourself. Inexcusable to come out lethargic and not ready or prepared to play Even though the polls are ridiculous, they have nobody to blame but themselves...just take care of business !!

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #6008 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Raped in the polls again
I agree we weren't prepared for this game and should have won to take care of the polls. However, just because you lose doesn't mean you have to get raped after the loss. Why was our loss so much worse than VT's or Tennessee's? What if VT and we go undefeated the rest of the year--they will get a better bid because their 40 point loss means little compared to our 4 point last series loss. Sorry, rxdawgboy, if that seems like \"crying\" to you, but it ticks me off that such a large drop for a loss means we probably won't see the top 10 this year without a miracle, regardless of how well we play the rest of the year.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #6010 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:Raped in the polls again
Meh, the polls are what they are. You know they're crap when Auburn still gets votes after losing at home to USF. Florida's day is coming; they're playing an actual university football team this week (okay, not academically, but technically...sheesh). VT got stomped, splatter, smothered and covered and only fell 12 spots (AP), so you know the whole thing is a fantasy. The team I feel almost as bad for is LSU. If that isn't the #1 team this week, there's no justice. What has USC done? Nothing. Oklahoma looks pretty good too. I'm wondering where FSU got their two votes???? Has anyone seen them play?

Look, we're Georgia. We're always going to have that target on us from the scopes of the haters. As much as this weekend hurts, we were still only a catch away from winning, and I think the season will prove that SC is actually a pretty damned good team. We'll rebound. The kids will pick it up a few notches and the age thing will be much less of an issue as the talent starts to reveal itself. If anyone missed it, you have got to feel good about the next few years with the gobs of talent on that field. Hang tough Dawg Nation. Every Dawg has his day, and ours is coming.

Oh, and one more thing. Hell has frozen over. The gnats are the best team in the ACC. Go figure. Man, does that conference suck.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 8 months ago #6011 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:Raped in the polls again
VT only fell 9 spots in the AP--9th to 18th. We fell 12 spots. I agree with ya, limey, that the polls are what they are, which is lame, but they do determine who goes where in the postseason, and after UGA's anal violation by the pollsters this week, it makes it that much more difficult to get a good game. I also think LSU is really getting the treatment without vaseline. I guess it's the whole SEC vs all the other conferences again.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

• sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #6016 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:Raped in the polls again
Its the polls - we never get any respect. Im suprised we are sitll in the top 25 to be honest.

Did any of you guys watch the game on ESPN2 that day?

I did and I have to say it was the most biased game coverage I have ever seen.
Bob Davies should have just come out and said he was pulling for SC and Steve Spurrier.
Davies has such a man crush on Spurrier I though he was going to ask him to marry him on the air. Seriously, the first half of the game was shots of Spurrier calling plays on the sideline and Davies commentary about how awesome Spurrier is. They even made it a point the mention the 51 he hung on us at home (just because nobody had ever done it) when he was at Fla.

Did anybody else notice this or is it just me?

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #6019 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Raped in the polls again
Yes, I did. The man crush is definitely there.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds