Forum

Here's a lost recruit for us

16 years 8 months ago #5920 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:I can't say,...
Agreed. I think if we did get this kid then we would have to deal with his mom too. Ask Houston Nutt how that arrangement tends to work out.

Go Dawgs!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5921 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:I can't say,...
AMEN again.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5928 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:I can't say,...
dapolla wrote:

kentdaddy wrote:

Wait....................an athlete with an attitude and sense of entitlement that makes the athletes parent feel like they also have a sense of entitlement? I cannot believe it.

I am going to go out on a limb and ask if this athlete and his mom are of the same skin color as Mike Vick?

Would it be going out on a limb to ask what skin color has to do with it? I'm fairly sure that Mitch Mustain and the Bowman child are not of the same skin tone, but they seem to be acting the same way, as are their parents.

No, I think it is a valid question............................

Ok, growing up in and around Atlanta we lived in predominantly black areas because it was cheaper. Bear with me...........First hand experience at the time in sports showed me that parents of young black kids were more likely to be a royal pain in the ass. Now after more growing it is clear that race is not the determining factor, but rather socio-economic standing.

The culture of entitlement is not the problem of the black communty or the white community. It is everyones problem. My brother is a part of it and he is smart. He just hung around the wrong people and no feels the world owes him.

As an example of how a culture can paint a race in a bad light take for example hip hop / Urban warrior culture. This culture was created by black people, but many whites, latinos and asains also take part. However if one were to watch professional sports only black players it seems are so involved in this destructive culture that it ruins careers. See Pacman, Tank Johnson, Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Rae Carruther, Chris Henry etc.

The problem is cultural and not racial and I felt the need to clear up my thoughts lest I be branded a racist and be picketed by Jesse and the boys.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5936 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re:I can't say,...
I tell you what. I'm in the Navy. I've been around the world and met their people. I've even met the FIRST woman head of state in an African country. That country being Liberia. Desolate place. A place started by freed slaves. While I was there never did I meet someone who stated, I owed them. Yet here in America it's common place. I agree with you Kentdaddy on many fronts. It's been my experience, that the highest levels of bigotry/racism comes from the lower income black community. We as skin color (white), more importantly as a university owe nothing to anyone. You break the rules you pay the price. End of story. I hate excuses for ignorance.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5940 by eddieh110175
Replied by eddieh110175 on topic Re:Here's a lost recruit for us
i live in north ga. Michael Bowman goes to Ridgeland High school here. I read in paper today about the incident and he is quoted as saying it was a misunderstanding and that he plans to go to UGA. His mother isnt to happy but he said she will come around. He talks about how good a fit Uga is and how he felt at home and loves it there.... I think he is a lock for UGA

• eddieh110175
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5941 by eddieh110175
Replied by eddieh110175 on topic Re:Here's a lost recruit for us
I have to post again to defend this young kid. Here in this part of Ga. not a lot of kids are recruited by big schools or any schools. Not sure where many of you are from but most big schools stop recruiting around the Dalton , Ga area. so kids north dont get to many schools calling on them. At the school where Michael Bowman attends has never had a kid in football recruited until this year. They actually have a kid by the name of Nigel Nicholas who is signing a scholorship with Duke this year ( was recruited by UGA also) but he is a smart kid and really isnt driven with football as much as his education. So please before you jump on the kid think how his mother felt. She was supporting both sons that night, and all of you would be wearing the same thing if you were in her place.. She did get to see the game it was just some of our fans were being vulgar, and we all no some of our fans as good as they try to be to get rowdy. Now we arent like Tennessee fans but we do have some that are border line.

• eddieh110175
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds