Forum

Here's a lost recruit for us

16 years 8 months ago #5877 by UnderDog37
Here's a lost recruit for us was created by UnderDog37
What's the deal with the story in the Gwinett paper yesterday about Michael Bowman's parents being harrassed for wearing OSU gear to the game Sat night? Their other son is, of course, A. Bowman for OSU. I have heard conflicting stories about how the parent's were given free tix to sit with the recruits, were told that they shouldn't wear the opponent's colors, but they did it anyway and were harrassed by the fans and by administrative people. They were then given tix to another section, but the mother sed they weren't allowed to come in because the administrator that gave them the tix ripped the tops off them, so they weren't allowed back in the game. She was quoted as saying that she would give no support whatsoever to her son if he DID decide to go to UGA. Soooo....I guess that means there will be another Bowman catching passes at OSU next year...and Yes, they are making a big deal about how classless our school in on the So Carolina message board today.....gamecockcentral.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5880 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:Here's a lost recruit for us
I say attack the source as biased and unreliable! It works for politicians.

That gwinnett paper is just a liberal/conservative fish wrap that is just out to get UGA because it is staffed by bitter Tech grads who lost their girlfrinds to us and the only thing they had to keep them warm at night was the old standard fall back about how they would get great jobs and now they are working for the 12th most popular paper in metro Atlanta.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5881 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic I can't say,...
with a great degree of accuracy, but I've not heard anything regarding our attempts to recruit this young man. I do, however, know that CMR and his recruiting team have and continue to develop outstanding candidates for future classes. That being said, I would doubt that had there been any particular interest, would we have not done back flips to make the Bowmans visit more appealing.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't worry too much about this \"so called\" missed opportunity. Likewise, the Coots are in no position to discuss class, or lack thereof, especially when visorboy is willing to lower the academic standards to fill his roster!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
16 years 8 months ago #5885 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:I can't say,...
The parents were told not to wear the visiting team's colors in front of the other recruits, but they did it anyway.

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5886 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:I can't say,...
My guy says we indeed are recruiting Bowman but he doesn't graduate until '09 and that UGA did provide the tickets for his mother to use and she was wearing a OSU jersey, not cool.
Here's the article in the Athens-Banner Herald.

www.onlineathens.com/stories/090507/football_20070905068.shtml

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5888 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:I can't say,...
That figures......some people get a kick out of trying to do things that stir up the pot. If they were told that they shouldn't wear those jerseys, then they shouldn't have. They got a free ride to see the game, so they should have followed the rules.....and if this Bowman is like the one at OSU, we would probably be better off without him. I hear his brother had an attitude problem at OSU. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

• UnderDog37
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds