Forum

Season Debut Thoughts,....

16 years 8 months ago #5800 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Not only,...
was Mark May angry at the pollsters decision to elevate ND ahead of Pitt for the NC, May has been quoted on several occassions saying had Pitt played UGA rather than ND, Pitt would have \"whipped\" our butt!!! It's largely sour grapes, but there is an element of history between UGA and Pitt, most notably a match-up in 76.

Nonetheless, May fits the ESPN \"empty suit\" mold and given his proclivity to live in \"What If\" land, we should expect nothing less than continued contempt from him...I do so miss the insight of Trev Alberts!!!!

www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/050707aaf.html

GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GATA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5802 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Not only,...
NC_Dawg wrote:

was Mark May angry at the pollsters decision to elevate ND ahead of Pitt for the NC, May has been quoted on several occassions saying had Pitt played UGA rather than ND, Pitt would have \"whipped\" our butt!!! It's largely sour grapes, but there is an element of history between UGA and Pitt, most notably a match-up in 76.

Yeah...the '77 Sugar Bowl stings, since they won the NC and we WOULD HAVE had we beaten them. But they beat our butts, 27-3. We also faced them in the '82 Sugar Bowl (the year Climpson won the NC) and they beat us then, too. So May might be justified in saying that Pitt could have beaten us instead of us beating ND, but he doesn't understand...Herschel played that whole game with a SEPARATED SHOULDER. You remove the ND element -- their defense was incredible -- and their system, and maybe Herschel doesn't dislocate his whole everloving arm. Then maybe he rushes for FOUR touchdowns instead of the two we needed to beat the Irish.

The hell with Mark May.

Seriously, he can go straight to hell.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 8 months ago #5803 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Not only,...
Now, now dapolla, that's not nice.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5804 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic You'll get no argument,..
from me regarding May or Granny. Fact is, since Trev was forced out, I've not given ESPN much viewership!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5807 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:You'll get no argument,..
I thought ND was unbeaten in 1980, but had a 3-3 tie with Georgia Tech. I say this because I am tired of hearing Furman Bischer say over and over and over again that we owe Tech for tying ND, because we would never have gotten that shot at being #1 had they lost to ND. He sed it AGAIN as recently as last week when he was doing a column on the history of the ND / GT series.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5809 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:You'll get no argument,..
If, and's and but's ?!!?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds