Forum

Season Debut Thoughts,....

16 years 8 months ago #5767 by NC_Dawg
Season Debut Thoughts,.... was created by NC_Dawg
Like everyone else, I too was greatly pleased with much of what transpired Saturday evening. There has been gracious plenty reviews of indivudual stand-outs, coaching excellence and the like, that there's really no need for further observation...Well,...I can't resist stating that everyone that bleeds red and black should this very night thank the big dawg in the sky for bringing Mark Richt to Athens. Year in, year out we are questioned by the would-be insiders on how we can possibly replace all the talent that has left, either to graduation or to the NFL. This year is/was no exception and like years past, new names have risen to replace those now gone. This, my fellow dawg fans, is the definition of reloading.....

All gushing aside, we are still VERY young and prone to the mistakes that accompany youth. One need only review the game with greater objectivity to see where assignments were missed and tackles not made. However, Saturday's victory will translate into Sunday/Monday film reviews and it's much easier identifying and correcting errors with a much needed win in your back pocket! Equally important were the must haves....such as sound QB performance, no INT's/turnovers, dropped passes...many of the things that have plagued us in the past. I believe we vastly improved here!

We took an important step forward Saturday evening, but there are many daunting challenges ahead. USC will test our O line with multiple blitz packages. They are stout, strong and quick. Our O will need to be very focused on blocking and picking up the blitz to buy MS enough time. I believe this was one of the reasons we saw so many underneath and little dink passes to the flat against OSU. What better way to beat the blitz than to dump a pass directly into the void created by a blitzing LB?

While we will not see Granny or Mays give us substantial credit for Saturday, I believe this was an extremely significant win. We need to continue to grow, limit the mistakes and this will become a season to remember!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5770 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Season Debut Thoughts,....
Has Granny Lou already picked So Carolina to take us to the woodshed like he does every year?

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5772 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Actually,...
I heard that Granny acquiesced during a pre-game assessment and admitted his bias against the Dawgs. I didn't see it, but read on another board something to that effect. It was reported that both Reece and Granny were giving CMR and the program kudos, while Mays chose to qualify our win as OSU mistakes....Figures!!! Guess that 1980 NC still stings!!!

Nonetheless, I suspect Granny will revert to fowl addulation sometime Saturday!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5778 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Actually,...
Hey NC_Dawg, didn't May play for Pitt not ND.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5784 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Actually,...
Yeah, Pitt had one loss that year, as did ND. But Pitt BEAT the Irish that year, and May has never forgiven the pollsters for putting ND in the Sugar Bowl instead of Pitt.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 8 months ago #5787 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Actually,...
Ok, got it now.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds