Forum

Monday Morning---Something to Think About . . . .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72710 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning---Something to Think About . . . .
Buc. Went back and read my post didn't mean to

Sound so snarky commenting on your thoughts

Time of the year....recruiting.... Flips and flops

Sorry...... Mouth...overloads brain at times

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72711 by Buc
yankeedawg1, what I see from Coach Smart is both sides of his personality.

Spring football starts, it will be Coach Smart the SEC Football Coach. Will not always have a smile on his face. That in my mind is "teaching" not "overlooking" what is necessary to change the face of UGA Football. The face of UGA Football that had become hard to get excited about.

Will be interesting to see our performance when we line up against Ole Miss at their place.

Also, I am not one that is going to overlook North Carolina. They improved greatly after a "coaching change". North Carolina started to build a team under the new head coach. Never really saw that in Athens prior to Coach Smart taking over.

stevedawg, lot of pressure on Burns to play in Athens. There is a lot of talk about Burns not attending the "U" since MR took over. Some in the Plantation area of Florida are of the mind that he will play further north of Tallahassee. Crossed fingers.

The Miami Public Relations Group are going full throttle on the Richt hiring. Reminds me a lot of the way Georgia faithful felt when Richt was hired. He is eating it up. Also, there are some very good football players on the "U" roster, Richt should have some success. Richt had success in his second year in Athens. Had a lot of players that were recruited and signed by the previous head coach.

Richt is getting a lot of support from players that previously played at the "U" and went on to big things in pro football.

Leadership skills are the missing link at the "U", some in South Florida know what they got and are hoping a miracle occurs. Public Relations Group is flooding the local area praising the hiring of MR. Just doing their job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72712 by Buc
“I miss being around him already,” Jones said. “Just for the things he brought to the table as far as instilling in us great (attention to) detail, discipline and just being on top of our game at all times. Whether that was on the field or in meetings, (it was about) just being focused in everything we do. He’s a guy that loves the game, and he gets that out of the players. That passion that he brings definitely motivates us to go hard.”

The above was what Cyrus Jones of Bama had to say about Mel Tucker. Not second hand information coming from Jones, he lived it.

Proof again that Head Coach Kirby Smart (love saying that)
knows what is needed to move our football program forward.

Depth is not only needed on the players roster, probably more important that depth is consistent on the coaching staff. Think maybe Nick Saban understood that? I do. Kirby Smart does.

Greg McGarity, stay out of the way, Kirby Smart and Company will insure that you continue to get raises. Bet that.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #72713 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc. Went back and read my post didn't mean to

Sound so snarky commenting on your thoughts

Time of the year....recruiting.... Flips and flops

Sorry...... Mouth...overloads brain at times

Go Dawgs

yd1, not sure what you are apologizing for. Nothing said by you that bothered me. Probably the only thing that can get under my skin is not recognizing what the Veterans have done for our Country. There are many of those "out there".

Notice that everyone running for POTUS is all about helping those that helped them. Veterans understand, they/we vote wisely. averagedawg knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72714 by Buc
Any time that I hear anyone's name mentioned on the same level as Champ Bailey . . . . time to get excited. That is "top shelf".

Wartdawg has posted for all of us on Dawgs.com to get ready for a tremendous player . . . . Richard LeCounte. Wartdawg said it, I believe it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72715 by Buc
ENERGY.

That is what has been missing in Athens by the former head coach. Saw his face "often" on LOI Day in Athens. Big smile, perfect at some point as a ESPN "talking head". I said that. The "U" will not be his final spot, and it won't last for . . . . gasp . . . . 15 years.

For this old goat . . . .

Watching Kirby Smart go to the National Championship game, and all that he "did" between being named UGA Head Coach and actually arriving on campus, that is ENERGY.

Following the recent change at the "U", see the same "stuff" that those of us on this board watched in Athens under the Richt regime, beginning in 2001 and pushed hard by the Group for the past 10 or so years.

From what I know and conversations that I have had . . . . hats off to "former players" wearing the Red and Black, that said to the Group, enough is enough. Leave Francis out of that, he is trying hard to be more than he is. Story of his football career. Said that too.

Again . . . . Welcome Home Head Coach Kirby Smart. SEC Football has returned to the Classic City. :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds