Forum

Monday Morning---Something to Think About . . . .

8 years 3 months ago #72716 by Buc
Question . . . .

If Georgia ends up rated in the top five or ten with a head coaching change along with several (most) assistants coaches being replaced, is that not a very good start for the new coaches and . . . . us?

Read an article elsewhere that said . . . . the previous head coach left some good players in Athens. There is a lot of truth in that statement. Question for me would be . . . . what would the previous coach do with the incoming talent? Does his record for the past x number of years speak to his ability to LEAD the incoming recruits?

Members, I realize that I often say things that I hope brings some of the "bleeding hearts" to come "chat" with us. They have not, hiding behind their keyboards and posting elsewhere. Many of them read Dawgs.com, however they understand that when scoping this site out, there are several here that will "discuss" subjects . . . . in length.

Personally have found Dawgs.com to be an open minded, willing to chat "both sides" of an issue, if there is an issue.

Truthfully, venom is not allowed here, that is reserved for "others".

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72717 by Buc
Coach Jeremy Pruitt . . . . Thank you. Some understand what you were faced with when you arrived in the Classic City.

Easy to understand when we see the removal of the head coach. You did not create that problem. You came to Athens, and would have remained here, just realize that some of us really know what you accomplished in Athens. You came up the "hard way", some of us also understand that path. I will pull for you and the Tide, and you know that I would say this . . . . except for one game. Don't have to go further with that.

We still have some "stuff" in Athens that needs to be corrected, again, thank you for laying it out for those like Francis that is totally full of himself, and needs to "disappear".

You caused this to happen and move forward. Pissed a lot of folks off that sit on Mahogany Row. Those of us that maybe have been successful and chirp about "stuff" will remain grateful for your time with "us" . . . . "us" does not include the "bleeding hearts".

Trying hard to get some of this "stuff" out of my system. Realize that there are one or two, maybe more that are not happy with my posts. Hear this . . . . Do not care. I am easily corrected, but be damn sure you are focused when we discuss "stuff".

The "trouble maker" . . . . Jeremy Pruitt got this project started, not Mark Richt or Greg McGarity or the Group which is in truth Mahogany Row that follows what the Board of Trustees has to offer.

I remember that the Indoor Practice Facility was a huge point of discussion. Also remember that the construction going on now would not be underway at this point without a "serious football insider coach" . . . . not the previous head coach . . . . Jeremy Pruitt.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72718 by Buc
Another thought . . . .

Any board member believe that a heavily recruited player is not going to look at what point in time he will play?

Coaching in the SEC can "almost" guarantee a player that they will either be in the FINAL FOUR, or damn close.

Most of the heavily recruited high school players, many BMOC do not understand that there is a huge difference in high school and college. Sometimes/many times the head gear sizes "change" from high school senior to college freshman.

Again I believe that this is where Coach Smart and Company will benefit those that "understand" . . . . this is not "high school".

Believe that Smart and Company will bring in the talent that "they" know will fit in their system. I would be hard pressed to believe that the new leadership will do anything more than build depth . . . . "based" on the "process".

"Process" is a new word in Athens. Has not been employed since ??

Head Coach Kirby Smart and COMPANY, understand "process".

Another question for those of us on the "outside" . . . . Do we understand the "process" after fifteen(15) years?

Hard for me to believe that any board member will not follow the "process" up until and after the recruiting and Spring Game is played. Bet this, there will be some changes, new sheriff and deputies in town.

Recruits on the internet are going to make decisions between now and LOI Day. Coach Smart and Company are in Athens for one reason. Teach and win. Ground work is in place. We will not get everyone that we want . . . . but "who the hell does?"

Leave the "fluff" to the media, Smart and Company will take care of what "needs" to be done to move us forward.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 3 months ago #72719 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Morning---Something to Think About . . . .
Again repeating myself....what a difference a year makes

This time last year asking that CMR stay out of the way

Year later....asking that AD stay out of the way...

My thinking is...people above Scrooge have invested

In CKS....and have made it clear...busy yourself elsewhere

Leave the football program alone....Keep hearing from

Campus that major improvements in the works for

Sanford....once IPF is up and operating....make a bet

Won't be any backed up urinals....come spring game

Conversations still strong on the street.....Classic City

Alive and moving forward.....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 3 months ago #72720 by growl
Just ready to see the drama over with and get on with the business at hand. Guarantee you coaches would like to stop the drama also and take it to the field.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 3 months ago #72721 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday Morning---Something to Think About . . . .
McGarity is a pawn, a press secretary, a figurehead.
Buc, so right, Kirby will make him look like a genius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds