Forum

Let's take the lead . . . again

8 years 5 months ago #70695 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Scooby, in your research did you look at the win-loss records of the teams that UGA beat in those years. That might give you a clue as to why UGA fans are unhappy. You also might consider the records of the elite coaches around college football, versus mr, I believe that will clear things up a bit.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70696 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Growl, this analysis was only sec teams against sec foes. I don't consider mr an elite coach and was surprised how the conference record compared.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70698 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Scooby... people like you are a huge part of the problem, although you've admitted you're a marginal fan at best.

You're right about one thing: You don't get it.

Since 2007 we are 6-18 against top 15 ranked teams. 41st best in the nation, ranked behind 7 other SEC schools, and several spots below Georgia Tech.

12 losses to unranked teams since 2007.

7 losses of more than 21 points since 2007.

Since 2007, 21st ranked won loss record.

For a school that has top 5 in the country money behind it... recruits too 10 classes almost every year... top 5 in putting players into the NFL...

and I haven't even mentioned "championships" one time.

You're absolutely right... you don't get it all.

You "don't get it"'so much that I'm pretty convinced you're trolling.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70703 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
I don't think scooby is trolling.

I think he has fallen for the same thing I fell for, for years.

scooby, our record against SEC teams that have had a better than .500 record in the conference, since 2005, is 5-21. That flat out SUCKS. Our record since 2010 against ranked teams is 10-17. Alabama since 2010 is 25-10 against ranked teams.

Here is what I think has happened:

Loser came into the league and was full of p1ss and vinegar, as most young punks usually are. He inherited some pretty awesome talent, too. He used that talent, along with some good recruiting (nobody here denies his recruiting ability) to amass a very good record for the first 5 years of his employment at UGA.

In 2005 he peaked. That was his pinnacle year. (I don't count 2007 as a pinnacle year because with Stafford and Moreno, he should have won the NC, but blew it. I also don't count 2011-12, for the same reason. Blew it.)

Since 2005, he has Richt-ed. He lacks the killer instinct. In difficult situations, he and his teams have ALWAYS melted. He has also had an UNCANNY ability to tank against vastly inferior opponents.

For many here, scooby, their last straw came years ago. For me it happened just before spring practice this year - he didn't have the ability to name a starting QB, with 3 guys on the chart. He got rid of one of them and brought in a loser from an inferior school. My theory is that he threw all of his cards on the table with AM several years ago and bombed on his QB recruiting since then. Remember Christian Lemay? Neither does anyone else. He was The Anointed One to follow Aaron Murray. Gone. Fail.

This season was FORESEEABLE. He had Ramsey and Bauta for more than a year before this season's debacle. Remember Ramsey's first play against Louisville in the Belk Bowl this year? Said a lot about the QB development at UGA for the last couple of years. You can't coach ability. But JUDGEMENT is another thing!

Richt needs to hand the reins over to someone new, who still has plenty of p1ss and vinegar and who has a FIRE in his gut . . . someone who can LEAD . . . someone who knows what to do in a tight spot and knows how to show NO MERCY to any opponent out there. We need a coach who, after getting a 21 point lead over Tennessee, screams at his offense to "go get me more POINTS!" and calls out his defense to quit standing around, waiting for someone else to make the play.

Our sideline needs some FIRE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg, DAWGtm, growl

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70705 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
Okay... if he's not trolling, then it is absolutely true that marginal fans like him that look back at things that happened over a decade ago are a big part of the problem.

His record well into his second decade has fallen way off of his 2000-2007 mark, and it's foolish to look back at the influence of what happened from 2000-2005 to gauge today's situation.

In 2007, the U down in Miami was still dominating college football, and the defending national champ Ohio State was still coached by Jim Tressel. Neither of those things is true any longer, so I'm not really interested in using data from that far back to judge NCAA football today.

We are in the second longest drought without an SEC championship in the
entire history of the program, and I mentioned a lot of other facts that reflect
negatively on our program since 2007.

"nobody here denies his recruiting ability" - I'm afraid that I do deny his recruiting
ability. If he was all he was cracked up to be as a recruiter, we would have an offensive line that didn't get shoved around by a lot more teams than just 'Bama, we would have a QB, and we might have more than 1 experienced WR.

He's good at recruiting guys with stars by their name, but he doesn't understand
balance and team need. Maybe I'm arguing semantics, but that is part of recruiting
in my opinion.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70706 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Let's take the lead . . . again
I stand corrected, scooby. Some people in here DO question his recruiting ability. My statement was more to the point that lack of talent couldn't have been an excuse, with all that talent in Athens.

I do not speak for everyone at Dawgs.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds