Forum

On Steve Spurrier and stuff

8 years 6 months ago #69726 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
The problem though, Buc, is that Pruitt is getting very good at stepping up after these embarrassing losses. He's doing it way too often.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69731 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
No coaching changes after this season. Bobby Richt already has his get out of hotseat card:

Chubb's injury.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69733 by bpatters69
Replied by bpatters69 on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
You are spot on. As much as I hate Spurrier - and trust me, I cannot stand that SOB, he was right. We take great talent and marginalize it.

Let's look at the 2008 team that got blown out by Alabama.

QB - Matt Stafford, QB of the Lions
WR1 - AJ Green WR at the Bengals. If he keeps going on the pace he is, I suspect he might sneak into the hall of fame
WR2 - Mohammad Massaquoi, drafted by Browns and was a starter
RB - Knowshown Moreno, starter for Broncos and other teams

So, why do I list each of these players? Because they are all starters in the NFL and we got blown out by Bama. Does anyone remember the Bama QB in the 2008 game? No, neither do I. Why? Because he never made it to the NFL.

That brings me to another point, why do teams like UF, Bama and others keep their players until they are seniors? Because they have a chance to be part of something special, ie a NC. Do they at UGA? No! It really is just that simple.

Sorry for the rant but I am really over all of this. UGA is not worthy of my appreciation. I love college football and there are other teams to follow.

Richt is a great man but he is not a great football coach. He is probably a very good OC but not a head coach. He does not inspire his players to greatness, he inspires them to mediocrity. He never will. Truth hurts but that is the truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69734 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
I think the problem is richt is more interested in developing players for the nfl than doing what needs to be done to win at the collage level. That's why he is so dogmatic on his style of offense/qb/play calling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69736 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
That's how he can attract those elite skilled players. He can guarantee them a type of offense that will prepare them for and get them drafted into the NFL.

A collegiate championship of any sort.... not so much, but the NFL... definitely. So they don't
come here for championships at this level; they come here for an NFL payday. As soon as they can get that payday they pretty much leave immediately. Murray stayed but he was one of the select few who cared about their unfinished business, and truth be told he wasn't projected that high for the NFL and needed one more year to further prove his value.

Funny thing... the one guy that almost willed us to some sort of a championship was the one who wasn't the sure fire top NFL pick.

I still ROFL about Richt and Moreno... dude was guaranteed to go the NFL as soon as possible, and our braintrust didn't use a year of his mandatory eligibility.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago #69777 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
Welp.
Steve spurrier is officially retiring guys.

Thinking about throwing a little party this weekend.

But then I realized South Carolina will be hiring a new coach, while we are stuck with the same crap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds