Forum

On Steve Spurrier and stuff

8 years 6 months ago #69698 by LimeyDawg
On Steve Spurrier and stuff was created by LimeyDawg
Steve Spurrier once said of Georgia something to the effect "we get great players. They get great players. But something happens to those players once they get to Georgia." I'm paraphrasing, but Steve was right.

Other teams fight against adversity and win. They fight from behind and pull out those "impossible" wins. Not Georgia. When was the last time this happened? Other teams beat top 25 teams. Not Georgia. Not Georgia. Not Georgia.

Joe Cox sucked as a quarterback. Let's face it and call it like it is. The only reason he played at Georgia was because CMR felt some kind of onus upon himself to give Joe Cox a break and Georgia football floundered because of it. Grayson Lambert has no business being quarterback at Georgia. I don't doubt that he would do well at a third tier school, but he is not an SEC caliber quarterback. We would have been immeasurably better off allowing Brice Ramsey or Faton Bauta cutting their teeth and making mistakes before blossoming into their potential. But, you know, Joe Cox and the precedent...

We will not be a program of significance with CMR at the helm. Shotty sucks, and everybody knew this. Pruitt's defense was the only bright spot tonight but they had too much thrown at them to save us.

I keep thinking how great it must be to be an opponent of Georgia's. You know we are going to blow game management. If you can keep pressure on the QB, you know we will make bad mistakes. Grayson threw at least three balls on a wing and a prayer and, tonight, prayer won and he got lucky those balls weren't intercepted.

I'm also reminded of how special Nick Chubb is. Our O-line couldn't make a bowel movement after a night of chili and a morning pot of coffee. It never really could. Yet Nick Chubb ground out 100 yard games despite the failings of his supporting cast. On the other side of the ball, Tennessee had two Freshment D-linemen who beat Georgia's "veterans" like a drum. All night. Like a DRUM.

Last week was bad. Tonight was pathetic. Seriously. Pathetic. How many times will we have to continue to talk about missed tackles. How many times will our secondary give up 15 plus yard plays anytime an opposing quarterback decides to throw into them? How many more seasons will we start mediocre quarterbacks for the sake of...what?

They say the definition of madness or insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. We are knee deep in insanity and shit at Georgia, and the shit is the better of the two.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooseDawg78, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69700 by bulldawg36869
Replied by bulldawg36869 on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
Every player and every coach has been changed but 1.

It doesn't take a genius to see the problem !

Some are wise and some are otherwise !

More
8 years 6 months ago #69702 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
Yep... there is only one common denominator through all of this bullsh....

ONE

Yet some still insist on talking about assistants and players despite the fact we've turned all that over repeatedly.

Insanity IS doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, and you are INSANE if you ever think this garbage is going to change as long as Richt and the Mahogany row behind him are around.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69721 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic On Steve Spurrier and stuff
LimeyDawg in post #1:

LimeyDawg, I was late to this thread. I apologize. If I had read what you have to say, I did not need to post.

Spot on, and I think I am beginning to see some attitude changes from posters, or those that now don't agree with what many have been trying to get across for a very long time.

36869 posted and he has held his position for many years. Just a simple fact.

EDIT: Will there be coaching changes after the 2015 Season? Seems it works that way when the head coach has a hard time, which is occurring too often since . . . . pick the year.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69722 by Buc
So, looking at the "before and after". Remembering what the talking heads and coaches thought prior to the beginning of the 2015 Season.

Here is the "after" having watched what has happened to this point.

There was a lot being said about our football team before the first kickoff.

There were a lot of things being said after the first four games of the season.

Now look at where we are after playing two teams in the SEC that are apparently better than South Carolina. Think most could/would agree with that statement.

Check the link out and the teams that are rated in the top 25. Does this have anything to do with "coaching".

Many like to point to the top players that are rated by "STARS". Believe over the past few years we have had our share of the "STARS" that are rated three and above.

What has happened, especially if we believe that we (UGA) get our share of the rated athletes. Something "ain't right". Know that some of the higher rated players are often recruited by coaches and teams that are further up the list of the top 25 than we are . . . . oops, we are not in the top 25.

www.sicemdawgs.com/2015/10/uga-drops-out-coaches-poll-ap-poll/?

EDIT: By the way, the AP is the first poll listed. The same poll that had a reporter called out by Mark Richt in his press conference after the Tennessee game.

Richt, know you are not leaving, but it is not going to get better. Reminds me a bit of your attitude from back in the days when we played UCF in Memphis . . . . remember that Mark Richt?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69724 by Buc
One thing that I do like about Pruitt. After a game that hurts to the bone, he steps up, easy to find his after game press conference remarks. Speaking for myself, find it hard to find what Richt has to say after an unexplainable loss. Maybe you folks have a video of our head coach after the Tennessee game that you can bring to this board.

Mark Richt is the most "protected" head coach in D1 football. The folks that control the purse strings in Athens are very good at playing the "game" off of the field, especially in the video area.

Got Richt's press conference, would like to watch.

Here is Pruitt. Like him or not, he is not afraid to "step up". Then again, he does not make 4 million or so every year.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds