Forum

The disrespect by SI continues.

16 years 8 months ago #5338 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
AMEN !!!

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5346 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
There was more drivel from Mandel in the SI mailbag section. Basically he sed that Georgia fans dont get it because what he wrote was more due to perception than reality....whatever that means. He is back-pedaling faster than a burnt cornerback. The underlying theme of the article is, of course, that we as UGA fans are just a bunch of yahoos that know nothing about college football.

Oh, and why I gotta be sampling drugs if I say I dont like the MASH episodes from the last 5 years of the show? The best ones were with the original characters. You are so MEAN to me !! (whaa, whaa, sniff, sniff) Kinda sounds like Urban Cryer, huh?

On another bad note, Ramarcus Brown has been suspended for the first 2 games for \"breaking team rules\".......whatever they may be. His not being available will probably have a negative effect on special teams, although he was 3rd on the depth chart for DBs......

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5349 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
UnderDog37 wrote:

It is kinda like watching re-runs of M*A*S*H*. The show was all good until they let Alan Alda write and direct it.......Once that happened, and the characters got all warm and fuzzy and ultra-liberal (like Alda's views)...the show went into the toilet.

Hey now, hey now. Just because one is ultra-liberal does not make him a bad writer! I'm ultra-liberal, and I write for a living! Perhaps the fact that he's Alan Alda makes him a bad writer...

I have to agree wiht UnderDog37 on the last few years of M*A*S*H*, though. Except for the episode where Radar tells everyone about the helicopter crash...well, it did get a bit preachy. Conservatives can get that way, too, though; witness the last few seasons of Southpark.

I TOTALLY agree, however, with EVERYONE on the idiotic sports media. SI = \"I own a subscription for the swimsuit issue.\" It's trash. ESPN might as well call themselves YES(pn), the way they worship the Yankees and ignore every team south of Philadelphia and west of Chicago. And as far as their college football coverage, it's basically \"Who gets to lose to USC this year?\" We all know how far THAT took them in 2005, and even last year, when they basically picked USC to go to the title game despite a loss to Oregon State! The only reason the Trojans didn't go was because they laid an egg against UCLA.

Never thought I'd be this mad at Playboy (one of my favorite liberal publications!), but their 2007 Top 25 COMPLETELY omits the Dawgs. Are you kidding me?

Even Jim Donnan is a turncoat. That jerk chose Florida to win the East and the conference this year, even as everyone else chose Georgia to win the East, then lose to LSU in the Georgia Dome.

Is Phil Steele the only sane person left?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 8 months ago #5352 by wlayton
I dunno but he's the only one left that I can say that I like now.

PVBDAWG

More
16 years 8 months ago #5354 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
Well, Phil Steele has been right about the Dawgs in the past, and in the face of total disrespect for UGA such as we're experiencing now. His is the only magazine I've spent money on.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 8 months ago #5355 by wlayton
I heard him live on a sports talk show last week and he really likes the Dawgs. He was pretty interesting to listen to.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds