Forum

The disrespect by SI continues.

16 years 8 months ago #5356 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
We just need to get the fellas to handle it on the field and then we can tell everyone to shut up.

and did someone call SOUTHPARK conservative?

And yes M*A*S*H got more serious after Alda had a great influence, but they still had some great shows. I do not see it as a necessarily conservative or liberal stance to write about some of the bad things that happen in war. Bad things do happen.

Back on topic

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5363 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
I think I've figured out the mystery of the head in the arse reporting going on around the supposed voices of college football. Somewhere, and I imagine it's north of the Mason-Dixon line, is a mulletted sportswriter who took a shot to the head in his younger days. He pumps out predictions and whatnot and sells his crap to the journalists at places like SI and so forth. They in turn rewrite it to fit their own styles and then attempt to appear prophetic in their predictions.

I came to this conclusion after reading several different sites whose stories all have a familiar ring. Few, if any, step outside the rote key-tapping of a caged monkey to get any real sports reporting out. Phil Steele is one of these. He dares to challenge the established mindset. Still, it has to happen on the field.

If I have the time, I'm going to throw together a spreadsheet of the top 10 predictions for the 2007 season, then call them out when our Dawgs reveal them as myopic. Of course, Mr. Steele will receive a letter of thanks.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
16 years 8 months ago #5372 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
kentdaddy wrote:

and did someone call SOUTHPARK conservative?

Southpark is INCREDIBLY conservative. Witness \"Cartman's Silly Little Hate Crime\" or the episode about the South Park flag. Or the \"ManBearPig\" episode featuring Al Gore. Matt Stone is a registered Republican and Trey Parker is a Libertarian with definite conservative leanings. Doesn't make the show unfunny. Makes the show conservative.

Back on topic

Agreed.

LimeyDawg, you're very very right. It's not just about Georgia...I hear the same opinions and curiously similar phrasing used by different people on different shows and different networks. You think it's because these people are too busy getting into makeup and not busy enough watching games, reading scouting reports or talking to coaches? (ahem! Neil Everett...ahem!) With few exceptions, these idiots don't know what they're talking about, so they're actually either talking about LAST YEAR or they're talking about what they WANT to happen. You can blame BOTH for USC being ranked #1 preseason. Let's face it; college football rankings are in the hands of lazy idiots who have so inundated themselves with thousands of college football games that, ironically enough, they can't watch all of them, and can't form a decent opinion. You want to know the only thing about this coming season that's been said that I agree with so far? Hawai'i is going to win the WAC and might crash the BCS. THAT'S IT!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 8 months ago #5378 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
I think it was that Alan Alda was just a bad writer.....and I'm not bashing liberals or conservatives, because I am a middle of the road type on political views.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5384 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
off topic briefly....

Southpark seems to make fun of eveyrone equally especially religions and other current conservative pillars............all funny of course.

I loved all of M*A*S*H because it wasn't just a funny show and sometimes it was touching.

On topic........

I am so freakin jacked up for football I had to horse collar my 2.5 year old when she came running out of her little house.

She got a half yard MAYBE before the take down.......and it was fourth down so Daddy won this time!

We will meet again on the grid iron of glory that is my living room.............

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds