Forum

The disrespect by SI continues.

16 years 8 months ago #5324 by southernlover
The disrespect by SI continues. was created by southernlover
In case you haven't seen the Sports Illustrated Top 20 Teams and the Top 20 Games to watch for 2007, don't bother. More of the same. They have the Dawgs ranked at #19 and not even included in the top 20 games to watch. Out of the top 20, 5 included an SEC team with UF and LSU both receiving 2 games each.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• southernlover
  • southernlover's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
16 years 8 months ago #5326 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
It seems like I should be angry at the world for not putting the Dawgs at the top of the list every year. (I am a little bit) I've come to the realization that the media as a whole it just plain retarded. Every excuse they use for why they pick one school or one conference is just good ole fashion bias. It could even be driven by the College clothing lines trying to push the next Band Wagon team. Maybe it's because we have a good man as head coach who has deep christian beliefs. I have no idea. We as a conference the (SEC) I do believe has more bowl appereances and more bowl wins, and I have not done a long history of it, but I think we have just as many if not more National Championship teams. So, as far as I'm concerned with them. Never argue with stupid people, they will just drag you down to there level and beat you with experiance.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5330 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
This is why I stopped reading SI years ago. They are never right with top 20 predictions, NC predictions, or games to watch predictions...Oh, yeah, I also hate that Life with Riley column, or whatever the hell he called it. It is kinda like watching re-runs of M*A*S*H*. The show was all good until they let Alan Alda write and direct it.......Once that happened, and the characters got all warm and fuzzy and ultra-liberal (like Alda's views)...the show went into the toilet. Riley's writing is the same way, and this magazine isn't worth wiping my a$$ on anymore.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #5331 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
I read the article too.

It seems this year nobody is really expecting the Dawgs to do much.
Good. It seems to me the Dawgs tend to do better when nobody expects it anyways.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
16 years 8 months ago #5332 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
UnderDog37 wrote:

This is why I stopped reading SI years ago. They are never right with top 20 predictions, NC predictions, or games to watch predictions...Oh, yeah, I also hate that Life with Riley column, or whatever the hell he called it. It is kinda like watching re-runs of M*A*S*H*. The show was all good until they let Alan Alda write and direct it.......Once that happened, and the characters got all warm and fuzzy and ultra-liberal (like Alda's views)...the show went into the toilet. Riley's writing is the same way, and this magazine isn't worth wiping my a$$ on anymore.

Have you been sampling some black tar heroine?

M*A*S*H was a great show. I don't want to have to research who wrote what season etc. but I am thinking you are seeing something that is not there dude.

Frank was as conservative as David Duke

Winchester?

Colonel Flagg was the greatest.

Alda was consistently liberal, but he was always balanced out by family guy BJ (after Trapper left of course).

Colonel Potter was a good old fashioned law and order conservative type.

Of course the show had political commentary that was aimed at Vietnam, but Vietnam had become wildly unpopular so everyone was criticizing.

I agree SI is fish wrap, but M*A*S*H is one of the most intelligently written shows ever.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5337 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:The disrespect by SI continues.
I have been following Georgia football since the fifties, growing up in Bremen and Lagrange. Nothing changes, no respect then, no respect now. The northern media have no clue. Football to them is something abstract, Football to us is in the DNA, to the core, a religion. Don't expect any respect. SEC teams have to pull it out of them and even then, there's always a caveat. Who cares? GO Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds