Forum

Faton Bauta

8 years 6 months ago #69588 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Faton Bauta
sadlerdawg, started to say in the post that after watching some of the sideline shots of Richt/Schottenheimer, think I understand why this particular offensive coordinator was chosen.

It was also understood between the coaches when Lambert came on board he would be the starter. In my mind it might have stopped Faton Bauta from moving on . . . . that of course is a guess. Can say this, not happy with what I have seen from two (2) second string quarterbacks while in college, now leading the Georgia football team.

Head coach smiled and played a game with the media right up until the first game as to who would start. Think coaching under Bowden is a bit different than coaching under Saban. JMHO.

''I don't blame people for being critical of what happened on Saturday,'' Richt said. ''I don't at all. I love the passion of our fans that they care enough. I really do. But we're more critical than they are as far as you look at yourself in the mirror and say you didn't get the job done.''

Richt said the loss ''certainly gets everybody's attention'' for the Tennessee game.

Head coach says Georgia will run "downhill" against Tennessee. Also said that we should have done that in the Alabama game. One of the players on our team that agreed with that assessment . . . . Nick Chubb.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69589 by Buc
Find it fascinating that McElwain comes to the gators and . . . .

Nick Saban settles down in Tuscaloosa and . . . .

Many that are still in the Mark Richt camp like to say that the only thing that will shut folks up like me is for Georgia to win a National Championship. Not true.

What about starting with making good on and off field coaching decisions and if we don't have the right or as much talent playing, that is understandable (to a point).

We continue to make the "same mistakes" year after year, and I personally put that at the feet of the coaching staff. I certainly am not the only one on this board to say that. Can name several and that includes you growl.

One example. Our punter is known to be slow getting the punt off. Saban/Smart coached team saw that, knew that, capitalized on that. Called coaching or teaching through film study.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69590 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Faton Bauta
Buc I'm getting sick of hearing from this buffoon what we always should have done after an embarrassing loss. Isn't a decent coach kind of supposed to figure out what you should do before the game? And maybe adjust it during the game? Save it richt....we already knew what you should have done. Even those of us outside the arena figured it out

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 6 months ago #69591 by Buc
sadlerdawg, you and I both know that "halftime adjustments" are just words. Facts are facts.

Most football coaches and players that I know and have known at some point figure the "obstacle courses" out. Hope that makes something close to being sensible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69601 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Faton Bauta

sflanagan21 wrote: There's still a lot of football left to be played and still plenty of opportunity for Bauta to get his chance to shine. From what I've seen and been told that if he does get a chance to shine then we may never see Lambert take another snap again.

..and that my friends is why it's extremely doubtful he will ever see the field in anything but mop up after the mop up duty.

Plus guys, we are all forgetting the real problem here: Mark Richt would tell him he can't leave the pocket, "thou shalt not be mobile", and wouldn't alter his offense enough to take advantage of Bauta's strengths on any consistent basis.

If he did answer the call to play Bauta, he would probably use him on some stupid "Wild-Dawg" type plays that would be totally telegraphed the moment they line up.

...but hey at least he "appreciates our passion" (which is a backhanded compliment which insinuates again we have lots of child-like emotion but little knowledge because we're not "in the arena"). Makes me even madder hearing cocky crap like that from him.
His stupid big money supporters have him feeling that he is 100% safe as long as he wins his 8-9 games on the weak side of the SEC and then beats Tech most of the time. I'm done with those fools as well. My money wont make any difference, but they won't get another dime of it. That guy from the bored of regects (not a typo for board of regents) spouting nonsense about how we're all proud about how we come up short "the right way" every year.. can kiss my collective rear end.

I apologize to no one either for my attitude.

I'm done with seeing things like we saw Saturday. If you think it is nothing more than being beaten by superior talent, there is no sense in trying to change your mind because you will never get it. There will be much less talented teams than ours that wont be humiliated in their stadium when they play Alabama like we were this past weekend.

Once in awhile is one thing, but garbage like that doesn't take place at Alabama because Alabama's supporters wont tolerate it more than "once in while". Even if you want to eliminate "Bammer" from the conversation as some sort of sold their soul to the devil anomaly, do you again want me to list for you the OTHER SEC schools that have won SEC and championships since we have? Want me to list all the schools that have won National Championships since we last did it?

Hell... Georgia Tech hasn't suffered a NC drought like ours!

By the way... in case you've forgotten, if we don't win the SEC this year, it will be the second longest drought of no SEC championships IN OUR entire HISTORY.

Okay... no apologies, but I had to get that out. I won't trouble you fine folk with rant like this again.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69602 by Buc
Shame on you Wartdawg if that is the last time you "let it out".

Your assessment of the current problems in Athens are spot on in my way of thinking.

Then we have this . . . . Trenton Thompson signs on with us. Many of the players on our team say that Lorenzo Carter is the greatest player they have "ever" played with or against. Roquan Smith, every team in the country wanted this young man.

Trying to make a simple point that continues to show its ugly face year after year. Talent every year enters the University of Georgia. Every year the media jumps all over that and announces to us that we are going to "be all that". I call that "job protection" both for the coaching staff and the media folks building false hopes.

Talent has been on campus for more than 15 years, problem with that is a lack of leadership and quite frankly coaching talent. For instance. VD took over as athletic director, and . . . . Damon Evans put on quite a show. Now we have Greg McGarity and . . . .

So, what is the missing link?

Wartdawg you said this and I believe it is closer to the real problem than much of the other "stuff". That guy from the bored of regects (not a typo for board of regents) spouting nonsense about how we're all proud about how we come up short "the right way" every year..

Just another "Carney" that works the tent next to the one that has been mentioned here before.

There was some conversation not too long ago about who actually runs our program and why they run football programs. Some read, others did not. More to Georgia football than some choose to know, or have reasons that never reach those of us in the "arena".

Good, honest, straight talk Wartdawg, appreciated.

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds