Forum

Faton Bauta

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69575 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Faton Bauta
One more thing Buc, we need to drop the mentality of trying to mold a QB to fit our system for christ sake! AM in my eyes was a very smart QB that was fast enough to extend the plays and also fast enough to tuck it and run when needed. I know this for fact that during his recruiting he was told that he was not going to be brought in to be a running QB at all and that the system in place at UGA would fit his passing style. He was discouraged to not run before he even took a single snap at UGA. AM was smart enough to see that if he wanted to improve his game then he would have to venture out of UGA. If you really want to see the improvement he received from Whitfield then watch his mechanics before and after. Some are subtle but some are astonishing!

Yeap some were butt hurt because AM felt like he had to go elsewhere to improve his game but that just goes to show that "some' are hard headed hence why Park is gone and Bauta is probably still 3rd on the depth chart.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69578 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Faton Bauta
Take notice of Bailey Hockman because he is LEGIT fellows! Going to be interesting to see how things pan out with him and Eason over the next few years. Eason is legit as well no doubt about it but Hockman does some things against some pretty stout D's that make you say, holy F!

I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would just toss it on here...

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69584 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Faton Bauta
Guess nothing else needs to be said concerning Faton Bauta and playing time wearing the Red and Black.

www.redandblack.com/sports/football/offe...51-5f5c41334484.html

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/10/07/watch...and-decision-making/

More
8 years 6 months ago #69585 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Faton Bauta
Guess it is apparent that what Saban/Smart accomplished in Tuscaloosa in 7 years, has not been duplicated in Athens for 15 years.

Don't care about anything other than progress at this point.

Watching the video above, I appreciate that Brian Schottenheimer stepped forward and said . . . . No changes in the quarterback setup. It will continue. This is not what we heard "from the media" through the Spring and Fall. It was always a close race between the three men trying to secure the position.

So, now that the "Bull Spit COACH SPEAK" is out of the way, we (fans) know what to expect.

We dare not expect what Saban/Smart have accomplished in Tuscaloosa. What they accomplished in 7 years, we are still chasing our tail after 15 years.

Add this. The first four games, any one of the three quarterbacks would have beaten the competition. Then along came (Jones) better known this day and time as "competition". Don't need to hear all of the "stuff" about the first four games . . . . what about the "only true competitior" we have faced in our first five games.

There are more things that need vast improvement on our team than the quarterback position. Head coach has been saying recently that our Special Teams are doing much better. Better against the first four, what about "real competition". . . .

Say again . . . . talent abounds in Athens . . . . there is a phrase that needs to be employed . . . . Coach'em Up! THAT IS THE MISSING LINK.

See where the media is trying to move the fiasco that happened in Athens to the "stuff" that derails the truth.

Alabama kicked our butts. Would pose this question. If we should make it to Atlanta, face Alabama, who on this board would wager their farm on us winning that game?

Say again, gators are real. That was not a "fluke" against Ole Miss. Jeremy Foley found the "missing link" needed to turn the program around. McElwain.

I know that many of the board members don't follow what is happening in Florida as closely as I do. Reasons for that are I am here, I pay attention to what is going on, especially with the gators.

Hear this . . . . Scares my butt. Fear we are seeing another Saban like person entering the SEC (again) and producing what he learned under coaches like Nick Saban.

Stay tuned, some SEC Athletic Directors actually understand that FOOTBALL IS KING IN THE SEC. Sorry about shouting, but . . . . my promise to this board is this . . . . will have much more to say about happenings down my way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69586 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Faton Bauta
After reading that article it is apparent that either schott is as stubborn as richt, or richt's stubbornness has overpowered schott. Either way, that is richt's M.O., and that's why we're stuck in the same mess we have been in and will continue to be in with richt at the wheel

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
8 years 6 months ago #69587 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Faton Bauta
Some pundits had UF as a definite win for UGA before the season started, guess they have'nt been keeping up with what's going on with the Gators either Buc. If you are being watchful how could that have been the prediction. Anybody with one eye and half sense should have put the QB disaster at the forefront of the quandary we are mired in. No, I do not believe in the choice for QB, Jacob Parks was the man to start in my opinion.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds