BS Comes In Different Colors

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68587 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Morning yd1 . . . . :)

You said in post #3 . . . .We have the

Coaches who can make up a bunch of ground

In a short time. Started with recruiting better

Players then......coaching the up.

Kevin Sherrer is a valued recruiter and coach. In Florida I know that KS is listened to with "open ears".

Other coaches that help move UGA up in the football wars . . . . Kevin Sherrer, Bryan McClendon, Thomas Brown and Jeremy Pruitt are fast becoming a "force" in the Sunshine State.

As stevedawg mentioned in this thread, we need to "do something different". From where I sit, and the football folks that I know in Florida believe Georgia has done something "different". Check out the second year coach that Pruitt hired as soon as he set foot in Athens.

This group of defensive coaches have some more time together, no doubt there will be positive changes not only in recruiting but the play between the "Hedges", which is a direct result of recruiting and "the right way to coach" in the most difficult football conference in the USA.

DWS said and he is right in my mind.

No entitlement with CJP an company you earn it by hard work.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Sherrer-ranke...-in-the-SEC-37976811

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68588 by Buc
scooby, this paragraph from your post #7 got my attention.

Now you guys might very well be right that MR will not win a NC. That is another issue. His personality is not nasty enough and his religion will not allow him to get a little sneaky, ie cheat. And while this is a problem if you want to win NC's, its part of the reason he is making $4m a year in his 15th season.

Truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68589 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
A few other thoughts and questions:

How many of yoos guys go to games? How much do tickets cost? I might be interested in the bama game if anyone has an extra. :) I do usually go to a couple of nfl and college games every year but im kinda getting burned out on it. Thinking about just going to the local HS games this year.

Did MR publicly say Hutson Mason was going to be the starting quarterback last year "since he was a 5th year senior". I seem to read that a lot and just wonder if thats true or just a feeling.

Id like to see UGA win a couple of NC's and then see ogre put a heart around coach Richt for his avatar.

Really get tired of seeing the universities "grovel" to the young 5 and 4 stars when most of them guys dont have the academic skills to get in to start with. Its crazy how important winning has become...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago #68590 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
To follow up on my last thought, I couldnt believe this guy really laid it out there.

www.foxsports.com/college-football/story...s-are-at-risk-061115

More
8 years 8 months ago #68591 by Buc
scooby, a lot of team building going on in Athens.

Team building had started falling off at FSU in Bowden's latter years. Have said this more than once before . . . .

There was a shakeup in the "upper levels" in Tallahassee and whether folks want to get into player misbehavior or whatever, "methods" changed and they did win a National Championship.

Being frank, I see changes in academic behavior and much of that I believe is because many young men are coming to the realization that football alone will not get you into college or into the NFL.

Being as I go back a few years will pass along a description that was used for many football players back in the day. This goes back to all white football teams in the South, did not start recently.

"Basket Weaving 101".

Like you, I spend time with high school football in Florida. Follow the players, schools and coaches closely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68592 by Buc
I am one of those that also believes that Notre Dame should be in a conference if they want to play for the National Championship. Could care less which conference, but it is time for all to be on the same level when it comes to "getting there". Knute Rockne is a name of the past, football has changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds