Forum

BS Comes In Different Colors

8 years 8 months ago #68591 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
scooby, a lot of team building going on in Athens.

Team building had started falling off at FSU in Bowden's latter years. Have said this more than once before . . . .

There was a shakeup in the "upper levels" in Tallahassee and whether folks want to get into player misbehavior or whatever, "methods" changed and they did win a National Championship.

Being frank, I see changes in academic behavior and much of that I believe is because many young men are coming to the realization that football alone will not get you into college or into the NFL.

Being as I go back a few years will pass along a description that was used for many football players back in the day. This goes back to all white football teams in the South, did not start recently.

"Basket Weaving 101".

Like you, I spend time with high school football in Florida. Follow the players, schools and coaches closely.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68592 by Buc
I am one of those that also believes that Notre Dame should be in a conference if they want to play for the National Championship. Could care less which conference, but it is time for all to be on the same level when it comes to "getting there". Knute Rockne is a name of the past, football has changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68593 by Buc
Detric Bing-Dukes is a really good football player. Surprised me a bit when I read that he was leaving so he could get "playing time". Cannot blame him for that.

Prior to the new defensive coaches arriving in Athens, would bet my hat that he would not be leaving.

Competition has become a part of SEC football in Athens that has been missing for more than most of us older folks want to remember.

Guess it goes to this "talent thingy" that is sometimes discussed by those that watch close enough. More defensive talent than I can recall. If I am wrong, would like to see some comparisons . . . . say dating back to 1980 or so . . . . even before that.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68594 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
CMR said publicly that Mason would redshirt one year to put some space between him and Murray and the QB job would be his. He did that to keep Mason from transferring. The only caveat would be if Murray got injured then the redshirt would be moot.

thecountrynation.com

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68595 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Got this from dog bytes:

"On Friday, Sterling Bailey said he shouted at practice to defensive teammates on another field on the second and fourth teams about running to the ball.

“It’s our team,” said Bailey, a senior defensive tackle who has played in 29 games at Georgia. “He’s not the one who’s going to be out there playing. He leaves it up to us to jump on them about the loafs.”

So if a teammate like Leonard Floyd, Josh Dawson and John Atkins think a veteran like Bailey needs to pick it up, they’ll tell him: “’Come on. Run after the ball.’ They expect it out of me so I’m going to expect it out of everyone else.”

this is the whole article:

dogbytesonline.com/uga-defensive-players...small-details-88921/

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68596 by Buc
DWS during the bowl game in Orlando against Nebraska, watched players like Ramik Wilson and others on the sideline talking with each other and shaking their heads. Of course the next season Ramik proved that he could play.

On the far sideline the Nebraska players were having to be kept back from the playing field, not sitting on the bench or just milling about. Something to be said for or about that.

The article that you posted along with others goes to show that it was "high time" :whistle: . . . . that changes were made. Much is being said now about the offense and the QB situation, maybe as slanagan21 and one or two others have posted, changes are in store for the offense.

I have no doubts that the defensive side of the ball is in good hands now, opposed to those that were not qualified for many years, referring to the "Leadership or lack of Leadership".

If our defense shines in the 2015 Season, it will without fail show that Leadership from the top is the main reason.

Player talent in Athens was not a "serious problem" prior to Nick Saban leaving the NFL and planting himself and his hand chosen assistants in Tuscaloosa. Like Saban or not, even with the loss to Ohio State, he and his team are always in the game.

Hell yes we are playing catch up . . . . about damn time those in the Classic City opened their eyes to the "TRUTH".

I like this defensive coaching staff . . . . apparently the young men that played for grantham like the new group better.

Those that don't understand what is going on in Athens right now, not hard to figure. Public Relations will continue to heap praise on the head coach, but those that are in the "know" understand what "appears" to be a change for the good is happening by coaches that truly understand what it takes to move forward.

The defense that will play in Athens this season will not be intimidated by Alabama or any other team. Might lose, might not, but for sure changing uniform colors will not be the reason for either the win or loss.

Year two with Pruitt's defense, looking forward to a different group, both coaches and players. Player might start against one team and the next week might not. Speaks volumes. Matching personnel to what film breakdown shows, not the same marching order every game. This is good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds